Sign in to follow this  

I need to grow up (kind of long).....

....according to some middle-aged woman who caught me jumping in the parking garage around the corner! :lol:

There is a decent sized parking structure in the adjacent office complex. It's only two story, with the top story open to the sky with a long ramp up from the ground level and a nice sharp grade break where the ramp meets the structure. I scoped it out over the past few days and this one truck is the only vehicle I've seen parked up top, everyone else parks on the ground level.

So today I decide to give it a go. The first run up was to find the proper line as it does turn slightly at the top. Launched at partial throttle in 2nd gear and caught a little air. Now I have a good line. Next go I get a feel for how much room I have to slow down and turn around. So I hit the top in 3rd, but at low rpm, almost lugging it, and manage a couple bike lengths. So I decide to hit it one last time before returning to the office. I go around and hit it running at a good clip in 3rd, probably around 1/2 throttle. Don't know how far I went but it felt good! Came down front wheel first so I need to work on that.

Anyway, I slow down turn around and head back to the ramp to get back to work. About half way there this G35 coupe drives to the top of the ramp, parks at an angle blocking the way, and this middle-aged woman jumps out and proceeds to read me the riot act. :p:lol: She tells me, "grow up". :lol: Also gave me the typical don't come back or I'll call the cops crap. :lol:

It has begun. The DR-Z has taken hold and steering me into trouble! Officially, that's my first hooligan bust! :lol: I'm sure it won't be the last! :lol:

Tell her to be glad you didn't land it on her hood and to kiss your disappearing Edge.

HaHa.........I love it when some middle age person says that to me only to find out when I take my helmet off

I'M OLDER THEN THEY ARE!!!:lol::p:lol:

Regards Sonny

HaHa.........I love it when some middle age person says that to me only to find out when I take my helmet off

I'M OLDER THEN THEY ARE!!!:lol::p:lol:

Regards Sonny

:lol: I'd pay to see that!

LOL thats awesome, Im always trying to jump the speed bumps around town. I need to find a jump like that. Urban Durbin so much fun.

Tisk, Tisk.:p

I just picked up a used DR-Z400 SM about two weeks ago. I get a big grin now every time I come to a railroad crossing. Go figure.:lol:

It takes everything i've got not to ride right up on the sidewalks, but so far i've fought off the urge. :lol:

Don't sweat it ptgarcia, it's just the nature of the beast. Next time tell her you'll take her on the next run if she thinks it'll remove the pi$$ from her cornflakes long enough for her to crack a smile. :lol: I ride pitbikes and in particular a stock Honda 50 for stunting. We were in a local parking lot (with permission from owners and cops) busting out some whoolie time when a guy on a CBR 1000RR pulls in. I head over to strike up a conversation with the guy only to get about ten feet from him before he bolts off wide open into a power wheelie gradually lofting the front, but gaining BIG speed in the process. He sets it down and grabs a handful of front brake gonna do a stoppie and the front bites HARD and sends him over the bars. The bike slams him in the leg and broke his femur in three places (didn't know at the time). I rush over to help and make sure he doesn't try and get up (and call 911) in case he was hurt bad and I fully expect some young kid that was gonna show us how to ride wheelies on his man's bike......you can imagine my surprise when he pulled his lid off and he was my Dad's age. I ran into the guy not long ago and he thanked me for not letting him get up and calling the ambulance and all.....I'm just glad he was mostly OK.

should have put your front wheel right into the door of the car and then called the cops.when they got there explain how she pulled in front of you and nearly killed you.

explain that your really feared for your life and how much she scared you.

really drama it up.

if it works well shes gets a ticket and from there on out decides its best to not play parking lot cop.

should have put your front wheel right into the door of the car and then called the cops.when they got there explain how she pulled in front of you and nearly killed you.

really drama it up.

if it works well shes gets a ticket and from there on out decides its best to not play parking lot cop.

I'm totally digging eddies solution, and as long as there isnt any cameras around your golden:banana: :lol:

I dont even talk to the self appointed police types. Been riding since the 4th grade and I'm going on 50. No time for dick heads. Ride on!

Never grow up. Everybody loves a 50 year old kid! :lol:

I dont even talk to the self appointed police types. Been riding since the 4th grade and I'm going on 50. No time for dick heads. Ride on!

Never grow up. Everybody loves a 50 year old kid! :lol:

classic, there are way too many of those (self appointed cops). Now dont ask me about the time I chased down the cager that almost killed me!

PT,

That right there is platnium! I wish I would have been there! Now what would have been REALLY funny is when she was yelling, stop her, and say this "Ma'am, before you go and call the cops, can you please just do me one favor and measure how far I jump on this next one?" :lol:

Ryan

really drama it up.

Nice! There's always next time.....:lol:

PT,

That right there is platnium! I wish I would have been there! Now what would have been REALLY funny is when she was yelling, stop her, and say this "Ma'am, before you go and call the cops, can you please just do me one favor and measure how far I jump on this next one?":banana:

Ryan

:p

could of said, if i grow up i'll be old and crabby like you.