Sign in to follow this  

Save Johnson Valley - Fun Ride

Want to keep riding the desert ?

If your answer is yes, then it is vital we all support this effort! If we lose this land there wont be much left. It's not just important for us, but also for our kids, and their kids. Who's interested in making a TT weekend out of this event to show our support?

flyerfront.jpg

flyerback.jpg

• Like 1

Can't promise I will be there, but, I will put it on the calender, and start spreading the word. Thanks for the post, gas to ya.

I am glad to see a proactive response that involves the offroad community. I will definitely make it.

I'm draggin out the Family for this one. Also a couple friends. Let's plan on hooking up and sharing a few libations!!!! :thumbsup:

On the way home from JV after a great T-day weekend we stopped at the Lone Wolf RV camping and public dump station in Apple Valley, while "doing my duty" I was talking to one of the locals, he said that the "deal is done" in regards to the Marines taking the land and it would be 3 years and that's it for Johnson Valley OHV riding areas before they close them all. He told me his Army buddy has been filling him in, his buddy had also told him that he had been suggesting to the Marines to train with the Army at Ft Irwin but they said no, they wanted their own area!

Anyone know more accurate info (if any) on this???

I hope this not true. Would be a shame for all those people to show up for a lost cause. I will be there on the Sunday for support.

I don't know about all of that.. But I do know that I will be attending a meeting on Dec. 5th in Ontario, and then of course I will be at the ride weekend ... My club (Viewfinders MC) is laying out a loop and last I heard my fam bam will also be working registration for the event. Hope to see ALL of you there!!!!!

The meetings to address the proposed Marine takeover of Johnson Valley are coming up next week. If we don't have a strong showing from the community it'll be another nail in the coffin... Let's overwhelm them and show the BLM we will fight for every inch of ground!

1. December 3, 2009, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Twentynine Palms, CA;

2. December 4, 2009, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Victorville, CA;

3. December 5, 2009, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Ontario, CA.

Public meeting locations are as follows:

1. Twentynine Palms Junior High School, Hay's Gym, 5798 Utah Trail,

Twentynine Palms, CA;

2. Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, 12603 Mariposa Road, Victorville,

CA;

3. Convention Center, 2000 E. Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Project Manager (Attn: Mr. Joseph

Ross), Box 788104, Bldg 1554, Rm 138, MAGTFTC/MCAGCC, Twentynine Palms,

CA 92278-8104; phone: 760-830-3764; e-mail: SMBPLMSWEBPAO@usmc.mil.

WWW.PFJV.ORG

I will be at the meeting Dec 5th in ontario and also at the ride with my buddies for support.

Please stop by the Partnership For Johnson Valley - Friends Of Johnson Valley - Cal 4 Wheel booth at the BRP Fun Run on Saturday, December 13, 2008.

Take a few minutes to watch the PowerPoint briefing that will show the Marines that expansion into Johnson Valley is the wrong way to go!

Go East Marines, go East!

Members will be available to discuss the maps of the expansion proposals

Computers and printers will be available for you to write your comments

Working together, we can Save Johnson Valley

Special thanks to BRP for hosting the second annual Fun Ride