Sign in to follow this  

2008 450 rebate

Well i called up my local dealer to ask about the whole rebate deal and he said he would check on it and call me back. He called me back a few minutes ago and told me about 6500 out the door and that he could get me one but he would have to order it. I know dealer cost on these is somewhere around 6700 if remember right. When I told him I had heard of a bunch of other guys getting them for around 5500 +or- a few hundred he said that was only on bikes that they had in stock since they had to order them in he said he couldn't give me that deal. Is he full of crap or what?

I just got an 08 from a local dealer for $6000 plus tax (Canada, remember, ours are always significantly more. MSRP is $8500 up here) and they had to order it in. So, either he is missing a deal or is trying to gouge you on that one.

Mark

He is not screwing you, he is just trying to sell it for over cost. The rebate is 1200 factory to dealer bucks. If the bike is in the mid 5's out the door, the dealer only made money on setup and admin fees.

Well I just spoke with a dealership about 3 hours away and they told me 5500 out the door. So it looks like I'll be taking a little drive.

Well i called up my local dealer to ask about the whole rebate deal and he said he would check on it and call me back. He called me back a few minutes ago and told me about 6500 out the door and that he could get me one but he would have to order it. I know dealer cost on these is somewhere around 6700 if remember right. When I told him I had heard of a bunch of other guys getting them for around 5500 +or- a few hundred he said that was only on bikes that they had in stock since they had to order them in he said he couldn't give me that deal. Is he full of crap or what?

Who are you dealing with? PM me if you don't want to give out the name on the forum.

Well I just spoke with a dealership about 3 hours away and they told me 5500 out the door. So it looks like I'll be taking a little drive.

Did you get it?

It was Fun Center in Durango, CO that I originally talked to. I live in Farmington, NM and the dealer I found the 5500 deal through is Motosport in Albuquerque. I'm driving down there Friday to get it.

I'm picking up mine Monday from Enfield Motor-sports (in CT).

I was told the bike was one of the last to come off of the assembly line

so I couldn't get it cheaper then $6,400.

But, as soon as the part numbers are released for the '09 front number plate

and rad shrouds I'll get them as a gift.

I'm picking up mine Monday from Enfield Motor-sports (in CT).

I was told the bike was one of the last to come off of the assembly line

so I couldn't get it cheaper then $6,400.

But, as soon as the part numbers are released for the '09 front number plate

and rad shrouds I'll get them as a gift.

You need the seat too to complete the 09 look. Wait till Keene has them in stock again. 5324 out the door, way better than 6400. That line they gave you about why it isnt cheaper than 6400 is BS.

You need the seat too to complete the 09 look. Wait till Keene has them in stock again. 5324 out the door, way better than 6400. That line they gave you about why it isnt cheaper than 6400 is BS.

+1. They paid the same price as all those dealers who are letting them go for 5200. And there are many.

Yeah the guy I'm getting it from originally said 5100 but when I asked about out the door he said 5500 with TT and L.

Im in farmington too. What do you usually ride? Track, offroad?

Mostly trail but I ride track occasionally too. Just got the new bike home she is sweet! Can't wait to ride her.

No bull - I picked mine up last week withthe '09 engine - $5,234 OTD

EFI is a gift from God

I have not bought a new bike that cheep since.....1996?

just got mine saturday for 5300 otd. from lebanon motor toys in lebanon NH I know there arent many left but it shouldnt be anymore then mid 5's. call around dont pay that