Finish on silver rims

This is one of those mindless post but I have a bet with a buddy. I'm wanting to know what the finish is on the silver rims on the 07 kx250f and 450f. The 250 has a more polished finish while the 450 is a matte finish. I know they are both brushed but is there a clear powder coat over the rim like a black rim. In trying to prove this I tried to polish a section and got no residue on the cloth like I did when I polished my frame. Thanks for the help if there is a link out there to help prove this well, then I would make some money.

Maybe a clue for you and the 07s. My KX450F-06 has anodised rims. Kept clean and if wiped with WD40 when stored for a while, it's easy to keep them looking like new - except for a few little scratches. The scratches are the easy way to tell what the finish is.

This is one of those mindless post but I have a bet with a buddy. I'm wanting to know what the finish is on the silver rims on the 07 kx250f and 450f. The 250 has a more polished finish while the 450 is a matte finish. I know they are both brushed but is there a clear powder coat over the rim like a black rim. In trying to prove this I tried to polish a section and got no residue on the cloth like I did when I polished my frame. Thanks for the help if there is a link out there to help prove this well, then I would make some money.

No powder coating. Only anodizing.