Sign in to follow this  

Upper Mad River Closed for the Season

I am the USFS OHV Ranger for the Entiat Ranger District, and I just wanted to let folks know that the Upper Mad River Trail (1409.1), Upper Alder Ridge(1523), Chikamin Tie (1561.1), and Blue Creek (1426) are closed for the season. The snow has come to the Upper Mad, it is decieving when viewed from Lake Wenatchee/L. Chiwawa area, the south slopes are mostly snow free yet the mostly north facing, timber shaded trails of the Upper Mad are holding snow. I tried to ride in from Maverick Saddle, Middle and North Tommys in the Entiat and it becomes completely snow covered within the first few miles. Even if this snows melts, it will be extremely muddy and slick, and with these conditions the trail and tread work done this summer would be ruined. The USFS put a lot of work into the Upper Mad River Trail this summer and will continue the work next season. Thanks for helping maintain the great condition of these trails, and thanks to everyone who rides up there, im always impressed by how the public treats this area, keep it up.

• Like 1

I am the USFS OHV Ranger for the Entiat Ranger District, and I just wanted to let folks know that the Upper Mad River Trail (1409.1), Upper Alder Ridge(1523), Chikamin Tie (1561.1), and Blue Creek (1426) are closed for the season. The snow has come to the Upper Mad, it is decieving when viewed from Lake Wenatchee/L. Chiwawa area, the south slopes are mostly snow free yet the mostly north facing, timber shaded trails of the Upper Mad are holding snow. I tried to ride in from Maverick Saddle, Middle and North Tommys in the Entiat and it becomes completely snow covered within the first few miles. Even if this snows melts, it will be extremely muddy and slick, and with these conditions the trail and tread work done this summer would be ruined. The USFS put a lot of work into the Upper Mad River Trail this summer and will continue the work next season. Thanks for helping maintain the great condition of these trails, and thanks to everyone who rides up there, im always impressed by how the public treats this area, keep it up.

THANK YOU for all your work up there!! The season is always too short!

USFS, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Did I say THANKS yet? Mad River is my favorite place to ride. This year we only got up 3 times as we decided this was the year to ride to unknown places to my group. I normally ride there over 10 times a season. This year was short, but I was one of the lucky ones who got to ride on a Monday right after 3 days of rain. Thanks for recognizing that most of the Mad River group of riders are real riders who cherish this sport and our obligation to be good stewards of our riding areas.

The trails looked better this year than anytime I can remember, keep up the good work!

Thanks for all of your hard work up there and also thank you for using this forum to share this information.

See you next season:thumbsup:

AWESOME riding at mad.....thanks for the update and let us know next year if you need any volunteer work out there and we will be there!

Joe

Now this is cool, the FS trail guy coming to the forums to keep the users up to date on what is going on... awesome! Sounds like you guys were busy up there this year, if you ever need help I'd be more than happy to do a detail for the summer and come help out :lol:

Thank you for all the hard work. Spent four days riding there in August. Beautiful area and the USFS runs a first class operation. See you next summer.

Sad to hear this but stoked on the ski season coming up. Mad River trail system is by far one of my favorite places to spend my vacations. Till next year.

Thank you for the update and all the work you do. We do appreciate you.

I agree with the rest ... thanks very much for first providing a top flight riding area with an understanding of the kind of recreation we're seeking. Also, thanks for coming out to this forum. As you can see, this is a spot where you can really find users, and that might not be easy for folks in your position. Please let us know when it reopens and if there are conditions we need to be aware of or help you can use. This is a fine model for the type of area and user exchange that other areas could emulate. If you want to also use your website for information, that can work too as you just link it here when there's new information you want to share.

But the major message is ... thank you.:lol::p:lol:

President, Washington Off Highway Vehicle Alliance (1st month of my term!)