Removing Swing Arm Bearing 1995 RXC attached to frame. Suggestions?

:lol: I am looking for assistance removing swing arm bearings attached to Frame. This is the linkage that attaches to the rear shock on one side, and the frame on the other. I am having a little difficult removing the existing bearings, and cautious to use force, as I may snap something inside. I do not intend to use the bearings or seals again, but I am more concerned breaking something within the attached tube connected to frame. Should I be concerned, or can I just bang it out. Anybody have any suggestions the appropriate procedure on removing the bearings and sundries on the frame?

The bearing and sundries can be seen on the below schematic items 50 through 54

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CHILLY

• By Cyclops
      Who says you cant be competitive on a 550 lb Bike??
    • By ThumperJordan
      What are these? Big heavy 550- 600 pound road bikes with dirt tires and an upright position?
      That seems to be them.
      To me an "adventure bike" is one that you travel on remote roads which aren't developed.
      If you're not able to pick it up when you drop it ( and you should daily ), then it's not an adventure.
      Try picking up a 600-700 pound bike by yourself on a loose steep road....ain't gonna happen.
      So it beats me why these bike manufacturers don't take a DR,KLR,XR and give them a 6 speed tranny, and a modern suspension. These are the real adventure,light and you can power slide and get her loose without worrying about being crushed when you drop. The only one that's up to speed is the KTM. Instead, these are stuck in the 1980's tech department.
    • By Jason_514
      Hello all,
      Long time lurker, new member here. Read the LC4 thread index on adv but couldn't find any help there.
      I own an 04' 625 smc with about 15500 miles.
      It recently went out on me. The rocker arm follower bearing seized and cause havok inside the rocker cover. New rocker arm assemblies (intake and exhaust) installed, new rocker shafts, new 690 rallye cam, and new cam bearings. The old cam was shredded from the follower bearing seize.
      So now that's all replaced and put back together, there is another issue. Though it may be the original issue that caused the follower bearing failure in the first place.
      My oil flow into the frame neck seems to be very low to nill. I can not get the frame to burp oil out of the upper frame plug as needed. It ran for 5 minutes without any oil coming out. There seems to be little to no oil building up in the frame tube. Either its being suctioned out too fast or pumped in too slowly. 
      So question is, what to do? I have checked the oil lines going to the frame neck for debris.
      How can I properly check the oil flow into the frame neck?
      I've read that the oil bypass piston on the bottom of the sump can get stuck. 
      Although this doesn't seem like it would cause the low oil flow.
      Could it be one or both of the oil pumps? If so, how can I check the flow/pressure these are putting out, do I just loosen all of the banjo bolts slowly to see if oil is flowing?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated,
      Thank you,