rm125 vs ktm 144sx vs yz250 ???????

ok i have a 05 rm125 and the only problam is i dont like it like i should because it has like no power but i wanted to know how much faster a 08-09 144sx would be than my rm125. i also have 06 yz250f(wich i like better) so how would the power compare to that to. so is there a huge deferince or what?(or should i go for a yz250)-------- i weigh 125lbs. and am a c rider

if a 144 has the get up and go that my 250f has then i will like it.bottom line how much faster is a 144sx than my stock 05 rm125?????

good question. i bet a 144 will be as fast as your 250f, but thats my opinion, iv never rode one.

The 144sx makes more peak horsepower then your 250f and has basically idenical tourque. It will have more power everywhere then your RM125.

ya but is a Really big deferince?

ya but is a Really big deferince?

In what?

is the 144 a REALLY big deferince compared to the 125

No not really. A 144 has a bit more bottom end with-out as much top end power. Not a big fan of 144s due to overheating in the trails and what not. If i was you i would just go for a YZ250 because its easy to maintain and more powerful than your YZ250F hands down.

is the 144 a REALLY big deferince compared to the 125

Yes, very much so. I've owned three 125's, a 133 and a 144. The 144's motor was awesome, near perfect in my mind. More power everywhere, especially down low and including on top, stronger mid range, it was just more everywhere. No losses up top at all.

125's that have been built up into 144's can have overheating problems, but a KTM 144sx will not, its a different animal.

A YZ250 was not even in the topic so i'm not quite sure why it was suggested? Not everyone enjoys 250 two strokes, myself included.

The 250F will have more torque than the 144. The 144 has a grunt, but the 250F just kills it in that department... not to mention the traction a 250F gets. I find it hard to believe a 125 pound C rider is using all the power of his RM125 anyways... Maybe it's time for a top end.

KTM 200 sx or exc - light with more power than your 250 F.:lol:

I was going to suggest a 200, XC. If you like the 250F, the 200, IMO, is the next step in performance. It performs similar to the F without the weight, and it has more power.

I got to spend about 6 miles of fast double track on a YZ125. I am a little heavy at 210lbs, but the bike just wouldn't go unless I just had it screaming. Hit a hill, and it was like I had a boat anchor behind me. I loved the way my WR pulled and with all the bikes I have had, the 200 has been the most similar, with more power where I need it. The 200 feels like a 250 in a 125 frame. If you are moto only, I hear the 144's work great, though some are having issues with them. With adjustable PV and switchable ignition mapping, the 144 or 200 is uber adjustable, powerwise.

250 at C level, I think, would just be too much bike.

theres not 09 144SX...its called a 150SX.

theres not 09 144SX...its called a 150SX.

true, bit it's still a 144cc bike...and, we don't know if he is looking new or used.

I find it hard to believe a 125 pound C rider is using all the power of his RM125 anyways... Maybe it's time for a top end.

i dont know where you live but in florida c riders are fast, trust me i might not be crazy fast in the corneres but i get preitty much all you can on the strait aways with my 125 and even 250f

So Florida riders sandbag then...? :lol: Dude, just because you live in FL and ride in sand all the time doesn't make you a better rider. You mentioned yourself that you lack corner speed so why don't you work on it or get some lessons? I rode a 125 down at a couple of your tracks (Bostwick and North Florida MX) and I never felt I was short on power. All that being said, I still have to have my 144 humming pretty good to get decent power out of it. Look at the 200 like stated or start riding the thumper more.

look not all of us are the same(you should know that) i said im not crazy fast in the cornners, i didnt mean that i was slow in the cornners i mean i a prietty fast in the cornners but not like a pro o somthing. just because a 125 has anough power for you doesnt mean its anough for every one.

depends on where in the power band he is riding. At C level, confidence may play a role and he may not want to, or simply does not keep the bike on the pipe. A bigger bore bike will allow a C level rider to ride off the pipe better.

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR YOU GUY'S TO BELIVE ME,I RIDE ON THE PIPE ON THE STRAIT AWAYS AND IN MOST TURNS DANM IT. thanks for your opinion but i have already told yal i ride on the pipe, iv tried ridn it in a little lower rpm's, iv tried ridn in the meat of the power, iv tried riding it in the top(witch is how i ride it most), and iv tried reving its brains out and when i ride it at its best, it isnt powerfull anough.

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR YOU GUY'S TO BELIVE ME,I RIDE ON THE PIPE ON THE STRAIT AWAYS AND IN MOST TURNS DANM IT. thanks for your opinion but i have already told yal i ride on the pipe, iv tried ridn it in a little lower rpm's, iv tried ridn in the meat of the power, iv tried riding it in the top(witch is how i ride it most), and iv tried reving its brains out and when i ride it at its best, it isnt powerfull anough.

chill. so I and/or others don't remember your initial post about it. It's not a matter of believing you, get over it. and as someone else said, maybe it's time for a topend.

if you want help or opinions, don't start ranting over nuthin.

I don't think the 125 has enough power anywhere. My first post should enlighten you some. throw a leg over a 200...

125s make me angry too man, go out and try an 05-08 Rm 250 and see if that floats your boat. I find myself at an unfair advantage when i race against 250fs as it has so much more power and weighs less, im just use to the power curve- if you find it a little bit snotty on power delivery get a flywheel weight to make it hook up better. 144 and 250 smokers race in the same class so why not?