Sign in to follow this  

Broken Spark Plug Cap - ARGh!

Hi everyone. Long time lurker here :lol: Lately my quest has been to tweak my bike which seems to hate starting - 01 yz250f, btw. Thanks to all the knowledge here, I'm actively shopping for a new 03+ex cam w/ the auto-decompression - oh how I can't wait.

So while those are being shipped, I thought I'd continue w/ a general tune-up before desert season really starts.

So this is what I found today. Keep in mind I've only owned this bike for a yea and DID change the spark plug about 8mo ago - no idea how I missed this :lol:

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

:lol: :lol: Someone had put some electric tape over it in a bandaid type fix. Wow, am I pissed. Couldn't imagine how pissed I'd be if it separated out on a trail :p

Oh well... Hopefully bikebandit or a local shop can get me squared away.

Anyone else have horror stories about buying used?

That's nasty looking, but as old as it is, I can understand why. They're not made to last, I suppose.

that boot just screws on to the wire. You can get a factory cap for not too much.

I'm the guy who always buys the used bike or atv with the "FRESH" top end, only I am always the one who has to do the FRESH top ends on em when I get home, LOL.

cheapest around is www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

Wow... $9 cheaper then what I found from another different site :p Regardless, thanks for the link. We'll be sure to check there next time.

In other good news, installed a kickstand and skidplate, now just waiting for the new cams to get here :lol:

Wow... $9 cheaper then what I found from another different site :lol: Regardless, thanks for the link. We'll be sure to check there next time.

In other good news, installed a kickstand and skidplate, now just waiting for the new cams to get here :p

no problem :lol:

i did a valve job using there parts for about 280.00