Sign in to follow this  

Is this a rip off or what?

I just ordered a helmet it came it and it doesnt fit, so now im responsible for shipping it back at my cost. So basically i just paid 12 bucks to try on a helmet. Aint that a B? Anyone else share my gripe towards this?

im not trying to be a d*** but shouldnt you have tried on the helmet before you bought it?

Thats your fault and you'll have to deal with it. The only way they should have to pay is if they sent you a size other than what you ordered.

Thats your fault and you'll have to deal with it. The only way they should have to pay is if they sent you a size other than what you ordered.

Yup!:lol:

i went by the chart, i own other HJC helmets but apparently this one doesnt fit like the other 234234 ive tried. oh well lesson learned i reckon. Could be worse i suppose i could be stuck with it and then be out a whole lot more money

ya i agree with the others. why should the company pay the shipping when its not their fault. its your own responsibility to order the right size not theirs

I'd never buy a helmet without trying it on. Even if it goes on your head and is the right size you might not like the way it feels. I drove over an hour away just so I could try them on before I bought one.

Pauli

At least with the TT store, if you buy something and it doesn't fit right, you do have to pay to ship it back, but we reship the exchange on our dime. This has always worked well for us and our customer seem to feel it's fair. So, no, I don't think you got ripped off.

Mail order can be a coin toss for the buyer. Sometimes its right and you win.....sometimes its wrong and it costs you to ship it back.

Do you have a friend who needs that size and model helmet?

Its also not fair for your local dealer to stock helmets just for you to go in and try on for size then mail order it. If they fit you, you should buy it there.

Mail order can be a coin toss for the buyer. Sometimes its right and you win.....sometimes its wrong and it costs you to ship it back.

Do you have a friend who needs that size and model helmet?

Its also not fair for your local dealer to stock helmets just for you to go in and try on for size then mail order it. If they fit you, you should buy it there.

Agreed. I did buy it there. Same with boots and gloves. I have to try that stuff on first. Hard parts I'll order but stuff you wear I get local so I can try it on, look in the mirror, ask the checkout girl if I look hot or not, wear it to McD's,.......:lol:

i bought an icon helmet for my streetbike and it was too small when i got it, i had to pay for shipping but atleast they exchanged it for me.