P90X... Good for motocross?

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster:ride:

I did a search on this, and really couldnt find the answers I was looking for. For this next season of motocross, I want to loose some weight, and get my muscles toned really well. A friend of mine bought this P90X workout thing. Its a DVD set, workout for an hour a day, for 3 months. He and his family stuck with it, and the transformation they all made was nothing short of astonishing. I was very impressed. Would you guys recommend this workout for training off the bike? To do what I want to do? Im concerned with building too much muscle, then that makeing riding motocross that much harder. I've heard, and read in multiple places that too much muscle is a big enemy. I've learned that lighter weights, with more reps are the way to go. And it works for me. So what do you guys think about P90X for motocross?

By the way if there is a specific thread for this workout, and motocross, please direct me to it. As I could not find it. But thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to hearing your responses.?

Too much muscle is not a problem if it is solid, functional muscle. Bulky, bodybuilding muscle is worthless and will gas out your cardio in no time flat.

I use Crossfit (www.crossfit.com) and would recommend it as the best athletic workout program I have seen or heard of. It is not to drop fat or get a beach body, it is only focused on improving your athletic performance and does a superlative job of that. You will lose weight and tone up, but that is a byproduct, not the end goal. Lots of variety in the workouts and mostly short workouts that are easy to fit into a schedule.

If you want to ask this in a better forum, the Health and Fitness forum is the one.

Mark

Too much muscle is not a problem if it is solid, functional muscle. Bulky, bodybuilding muscle is worthless and will gas out your cardio in no time flat.

I use Crossfit (www.crossfit.com) and would recommend it as the best athletic workout program I have seen or heard of. It is not to drop fat or get a beach body, it is only focused on improving your athletic performance and does a superlative job of that. You will lose weight and tone up, but that is a byproduct, not the end goal. Lots of variety in the workouts and mostly short workouts that are easy to fit into a schedule.

If you want to ask this in a better forum, the Health and Fitness forum is the one.

Mark

Ok, I'll post this over there too.

Im going to look into crossfit right now.