Sign in to follow this  

09 KX450f from a honda..

Picked mine up a few weeks ago and rode it twice so far..

After the first ride I got the suspension done and left everything else stock.

Second ride with the suspension broken in...AWESOME! Only thing that I hated was the front brake, the triple clamps and handle bars. Got my suspension done by RG3 and it was spot on. I didn't even set the sag yet and it can only get better. The throttle response is sickning, and the bike seems to handle awesome. The power is really good but likes to be short shifted and rode in a higher gear. Just needs some RG3 Clamps, different bars and over sized disc and she's race ready!

How can you "hate" the triple clamps? What´s wrong with them?

Grats man. I pick up mine tomorrow. I'll be putting pro taper clamps / bars. Works connection clutch, works connection skid plate, white brothers pegs (off of my yamaha), bills pipes exhaust, and one industries graphics all over that thing. Suspension wise, I'll probably have Jason McCormick do it from RG3... still debating though.

I had my stuff done by RG3, and it was just OK. Is there no adjustability in the claps? I remember for years MXA hated Yamaha clamps because they were solid mounted and could no be adjusted. just a thought though.

I heard bad things about the Pro Taper clamps. I heard they are HEAVY and that they are soo tight on the fork legs that you have to pry them open big time with a screw driver to get the fork tube in which makes the forks feel rigid.

RG3 is the way to go for clamps and suspension. Best I've ever had done and I've have had multiple places do my stuff.

I think rg 3 is pretty dang good. Like most big name tuners big bucks. Id use them again though.

I heard bad things about the Pro Taper clamps. I heard they are HEAVY and that they are soo tight on the fork legs that you have to pry them open big time with a screw driver to get the fork tube in which makes the forks feel rigid.

RG3 is the way to go for clamps and suspension. Best I've ever had done and I've have had multiple places do my stuff.

I had both RG3 clamps (on there now) and pro-taper clamps on my YZ 450. I never witnessed having to pry open like your suggesting to change the tubes. Which I did a lot because I was always greasing the head. I mean on both sets of clamps I would have to use a screw driver and twist... but no more than the other set. But as far as riding, the Pro-Taper clamps felt better to me. Again this was on a YZ 450. I picked up a returned set of RG3 clamps (full set) from RG3 for $345. Look into it if you're looking for a cheap set :worthy:.