De-Flowered at 15...

...did it...uncorked a virgin R with only 15 miles on the odo for a friend...the bike is pristine.

it's just amazing the difference with the restrictions removed and proper jetting??

he wudn't listen and got the Moose/DynoJet kit? but it will have to do until the Honda & Keihin parts arrive...

before and after jetting there is a mysterious hanging idle that comes and goes...he says "the fuel may be a bit old..." and fesses up that he thinks about a year old! ?

? ...some people!

it really is a beautiful bike and the more i work on them the more i appreciate the way they're put together...we're gunna see if we can correct the idle problem tomorrow.

?

...did it...uncorked a virgin R with only 15 miles on the odo for a friend...the bike is pristine.

it's just amazing the difference with the restrictions removed and proper jetting??

he wudn't listen and got the Moose/DynoJet kit? but it will have to do until the Honda & Keihin parts arrive...

before and after jetting there is a mysterious hanging idle that comes and goes...he says "the fuel may be a bit old..." and fesses up that he thinks about a year old! ?

? ...some people!

it really is a beautiful bike and the more i work on them the more i appreciate the way they're put together...we're gunna see if we can correct the idle problem tomorrow.

?

Nothing like an R with it's cherry popped. I took mine to the land of milk and honey with 20 miles on the clock. Big difference!?

Mine had the hanging idle prob before it was uncorked, but not so much after the surgery. You may take a look at the idle adjustment and make sure it's not set too high. I used to fiddle with mine all the time thinking it made it easier to start if I cranked the idle up a 1/2 turn or so before kicking and then backing it down when it warmed up.? I remember that with the idle set higher, it seemed to want to hang a little before it settled. After getting to know the old girl, I now just have to give her a good kick to get her to light up. With no throttle, of course.

naw...the bike is 100% stock and in mint condition.

even i can diagnose a throttle not returning?

it still cud e pilot related but i wudda expected a difference between corked & uncorked...the float/bowl did have a bit of dried white-ish residue...we'll get sum gud fuel, clean the bowl with sum carb cleaner and inspect the pilot for crud...

the carb is ten times easier to work on in the R frame than on my L ?

?

the bike is running much better...pulled the carb, blew sum chit outta the pilot, adjusted the throttle cables and it just needs to be ridden.

i'm still not use to the racket the wethead makes and an exhaust wud help that distraction...it's making great power and just keeps pull'n? BUT i still favor my airhead...i guess it just works better with the oldfart behind the bars?

?

the bike is running much better...pulled the carb, blew sum chit outta the pilot, adjusted the throttle cables and it just needs to be ridden.

i'm still not use to the racket the wethead makes and an exhaust wud help that distraction...it's making great power and just keeps pull'n? BUT i still favor my airhead...i guess it just works better with the oldfart behind the bars?

?

?? ? Airheads rule!

well we put a slip-on exhaust on the bike and it sounds better...the owner picked up a Two Brothers Racing can for $350? ...wudn't have been my choice but i wasn't gunna piss on his parade...

he rode it for the first time uncorked and then with the exhaust and wus smiling ear to ear? and being a wheelie freak he wus going on and on about the torque...?

still waiting on proper Keihin jets & Honda needle...i guess the high-flow backfire screen wud be a gud move.

?

Sounds like you and Alex(ABTrailers) need a trip to Thailand.

Weirdos..?

How about the next PigFest in Thailand? I'd go for that. Oh yeah, we can't even get you to come down here for some riding, damn civil servants..........

Rich, since Denn is hardly around anymore to yank your chain, perhaps it's up to me to pick up the slack and cause a little trouble? Bannation in 3...2...1......

• Like 1

yeah i here ya Bruce...we have the Keihin Jets & Honda Needle ordered and an extra 68s for my carb ?

BUT the weird thing is when i test the pilot curcuit it barely stumbles w/ the fuel screw fully closed and idle smooths less than one turn out w/ the 65s ?!? ...that indicates the pilot is very close to the correct size?!?

mods are the two airbox pieces are removed with stock air filter/backfire screen...intake restrictor removed...free flowing exhaust...65s w/ DJ ~170 main & DJ needle...

...will a Uni or other aftermarket filter and higher flow backfire screen make a significant difference??? ...i'm not sure if owner will go for drilling holes in his airbox cover.

?

yeah i here ya Bruce...we have the Keihin Jets & Honda Needle ordered and an extra 68s for my carb :eek:

BUT the weird thing is when i test the pilot curcuit it barely stumbles w/ the fuel screw fully closed and idle smooths less than one turn out w/ the 65s ?!? ...that indicates the pilot is very close to the correct size?!?

mods are the two airbox pieces are removed with stock air filter/backfire screen...intake restrictor removed...free flowing exhaust...65s w/ DJ ~170 main & DJ needle...

...will a Uni or other aftermarket filter and higher flow backfire screen make a significant difference??? ...i'm not sure if owner will go for drilling holes in his airbox cover.

:worthy:

Do you have the HRC intake boot or did you cut out all the rubber that held the restrictor plate?

Get rid of the backfire screen and go with the Uni (with it's own suport) well oiled with Golden Spectro water proof filter oil. Just don't fire off the bike with fuel running out the air box.......and start the bike WOT when it is floaded. That way you will never start the bike on fire. AJCV (Air jet cut of valve) does cut off the needed air to the pilot curcuit when the vacuum is about 19 pounds and will mess with you at times.

Do you have the HRC intake boot or did you cut out all the rubber that held the restrictor plate?

Get rid of the backfire screen and go with the Uni (with it's own suport) well oiled with Golden Spectro water proof filter oil. Just don't fire off the bike with fuel running out the air box.......and start the bike WOT when it is floaded. That way you will never start the bike on fire. AJCV (Air jet cut of valve) does cut off the needed air to the pilot curcuit when the vacuum is about 19 pounds and will mess with you at times.

gotcha on the Uni, Spectro & screen...

we cut out the restriction and smoothed the surface...i'm SWAG'n that the HRC piece is better???

...a flaming BRP?!? ...hummmm :worthy: ...haven't seen one of them before ...i'll let'um know after i see one first! :eek: ...he wus asking about black number plates?

:banghead:

P.S. remember i don't want to make'um too fast...there's only so much that my mad skillz can make up for :bonk: