Sign in to follow this  

R/R: Some of High Sierra Crew do Northern NV w/pics

The 4 day camp out has been planned for months-get drunk, bark at the moon, set everything on fire, oh yeah, and some riding-did I mention get drunk? It ended up being Sharpie1 and his trailer-o-love, mfletch a.ka. pyro, Cracker_Box-better late than never and yours truly a.ka. Safety Officer.

We set camp at some BLM campgrounds near Soldier Meadows and some hot springs. It's about 25 miles from the Oregon border, or 3 hours from nowhere. I finally arrived on Friday just before noon to be greeted by Mr. Fletcher doing his best "welcome aboard" impression-:lol: Did a quick unpack, put on the gear and the 3 of us did a quick 60 mile ride. After looking at the pics when I put them on photobucket, I got a lot of scenery pics and very few riding pics so here goes:

CAN THIS BE CONSIDERED A PARKING LOT PIC?

IMGP0848_resize.jpg

ENTERING HIGH ROCK CANYON

IMGP0849_resize.jpg

IMGP0850_resize.jpg

IMGP0851_resize.jpg

THIS TRAIL WAS ORIGINALLY THE LASSEN-APPLEGATE TRAIL FOR PIONEERS CROSSING TO OREGON. CHECK OUT THE DATES

IMGP0853_resize.jpg

IMGP0854_resize.jpg

SHARPIE FINDING OUT WHAT I HAD LEARNED JUST MOMENTS BEFORE: THIS PARTICULAR WATER CROSSING WAS A LOT DEEPER THAN THE OTHER ONES.

IMGP0855_resize.jpg

SOME OLD BARN ALONG THE PIONEER TRAIL

IMGP0856_resize.jpg

IMGP0861_resize.jpg

THIS IS CALLED STEVENS CAMP. IT'S A BLM OWNED CABIN THAT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVED, BUT IT CAN SLEEP 8-10 PEOPLE. COMPLETE WITH RUNNING WATER, TOILETS, STOVE, FRIDGE, OVEN, CORRAL FOR ANIMALS, HOT WATER HEATER-(JUST HAVE TO BRING YOUR OWN PROPANE) PRETTY COOL PLACE ACTUALLY.

IMGP0857_resize.jpg

IMGP0858_resize.jpg

IMGP0859_resize.jpg

IMGP0860_resize.jpg

WE WERE CAMPING BELOW THE SECOND BLUFF ON THE LEFT

IMGP0862_resize.jpg

IMGP0863_resize.jpg

THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST NIGHT AND HENCH THE NEW NICKNAME OF PYRO. I CAN'T SHOW YOU THE OTHER PICS IN CASE THEY WOULD BE USED AGAINST ME IN A COURT OF LAW

IMGP0864_resize.jpg

DAY 2 NEXT

• Like 1