Sign in to follow this  

Pricing my YZ...

Had an emergency come up that's pretty serious. YZ is the only thing I own of value (KX has no title and is not registered).

I have no idea what to price my bike. Do I price it like a normal YZ? Don't have time to part it out. Do I price it higher? There's isn't much on it that isn't touched as you know. I can't believe I have to sell it. :lol: But compared to what it will solve if I sell it, huge difference.

I hate to tell you, but unless you get lucky, you aren't going to get a lot more than any other 05 YZ250. It is in nice shape, and is a nice looking bike, but it isn't what everyone would pay extra for. You can probably get a little more than an average 05, but probably not a ton more.

That's what I thought. I'll check around and see what other 05's are going for a price at or around that. Hopefully some one will pick mine over a less equipped YZ.

i just sold my 06 with 7 hours on it for 2850. had it at 3500 and no takers. i lost some money on it but it sold. sadly i would say somewhere btw 2500-3000

No one is priced very low around here but I'll lose a ton of money with all the stuff on it anyways. Wish I had more time. Trying to work on another angle and maybe I can get out of it by selling only the wheels.

Not having the time to wait to get a few more bucks for it is what is screwing you up. If you had time, you could post it high, and wait for someone to get a hard on for it. If you are going to sell it, put it back to as stock as possible i guess. Save the parts for a rainy day.

all my stock parts built another bike...haha. Which I sold for 2500. 03yz 250. I'm taking a hit big time. Especially to my pride. I'm throwing all kinds of stuff up for sale to avoid it. Wife even said she would sell her wedding rings, so I could keep my bike. I'm pretty sure I answered her correctly...LOL. But what a woman!

all my stock parts built another bike...haha. Which I sold for 2500. 03yz 250. I'm taking a hit big time. Especially to my pride. I'm throwing all kinds of stuff up for sale to avoid it. Wife even said she would sell her wedding rings, so I could keep my bike. I'm pretty sure I answered her correctly...LOL. But what a woman!

Wow. The situation must really suck. My sympathies to you.

Unfortunately, alot of folks are like me, more interested in a stock bike, or maybe one that has appropriate suspension work, than in one with alot of aftermarket bling. My experience in the bicycle business and racing mtn bikes for many many years is that alot of that fancy stuff is more trouble than it's worth for me.

But I don't know anything about your bike. If you post an ad in TT or craigslist or somewhere, put a link.

Thats cool of her. I believe I would rather ssell my yz than deal with something like that.

How about parting it on ebay??? I know its a hassle, bu tit guarantees money coming in within 7 days. It must work as there are tons of companies doing it constantly.

Yeah, don't have 7 days...even 3 days is no guarantee people will pay. Thanks guys. I'm half way there and the YZ is still intact. Have only posted my Carbon Fiber silencer and my new Shoei Helmet (sniff sniff. didn't even get to wear it); those only things so far that are moto related.

Yeah, don't have 7 days...even 3 days is no guarantee people will pay. Thanks guys. I'm half way there and the YZ is still intact. Have only posted my Carbon Fiber silencer and my new Shoei Helmet (sniff sniff. didn't even get to wear it); those only things so far that are moto related.

Good point about the deadbeats. How abotu selling to friends who will then sell the stuff back when the ship arrives? My brother and I have a motorcycle that we have sold to each other several times.

Good point about the deadbeats. How abotu selling to friends who will then sell the stuff back when the ship arrives? My brother and I have a motorcycle that we have sold to each other several times.

That is what I was thinking. Have someone you know make an investment on it and buy it, keep it until for x many days before they can sell it and buy it back before that time comes. Then give them a little extra cash for interest.

Wow. The situation must really suck. My sympathies to you.

Unfortunately, alot of folks are like me, more interested in a stock bike, or maybe one that has appropriate suspension work, than in one with alot of aftermarket bling. My experience in the bicycle business and racing mtn bikes for many many years is that alot of that fancy stuff is more trouble than it's worth for me.

But I don't know anything about your bike. If you post an ad in TT or craigslist or somewhere, put a link.

what do you mean?

I do understand the stock bike view though. I'm not one of them obviously but it feels like a safer purchase for some reason. I tend to look for the basics, stuff that I would purchase for any stock bike. The trick bikes tend to be priced more which I could never afford anyways.

what do you mean?

I do understand the stock bike view though. I'm not one of them obviously but it feels like a safer purchase for some reason. I tend to look for the basics, stuff that I would purchase for any stock bike. The trick bikes tend to be priced more which I could never afford anyways.

Stock bikes are nice but mine came already installed with a Rekluse Pro, FMF TC2, and Pro Taper Accutrax triple clamp. The only other wish list item for me is an 18" rear wheel with a trials tire which it didn't include. The decision was made much easier for me with the extras already installed. Bottom line: if someone's looking for your setup they're gonna cream their pants once they find it (like I did).

what do you mean?

In looking at Josh's bike, nothing non-stock is of the trouble making type. If I was looking at a bike with an ignition system and no name porting it might make me walk away. Something with non stock colored plastic and good graphics would make me want to buy the bike. Anyone who buys nice graphics and cleans the bike will probably change an airfilter, top end, and tranny oil once in a while.

In looking at Josh's bike, nothing non-stock is of the trouble making type. If I was looking at a bike with an ignition system and no name porting it might make me walk away. Something with non stock colored plastic and good graphics would make me want to buy the bike. Anyone who buys nice graphics and cleans the bike will probably change an airfilter, top end, and tranny oil once in a while.

There's an air filter? Where is the tranny oil? Looked at auto store but didn't see anything called "tranny" oil. :lol:

There's an air filter? Where is the tranny oil? Looked at auto store but didn't see anything called "tranny" oil. :lol:

Josh, you should see some of the bikes available for sale around here. There is a local sight that allows free ads. If their bikes are really selling for the 3 grand they ask, yours should be worth 6. For example:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=389&ssid=3728836&rurl=nid,218,ad,3728836,lpid,1,cat,236

The dealers still appear to get plenty for the two strokes....

Yeah, I'm a frequent visitor to the craigslist ads thread. Funny stuff.