Iowa races

Next summer I will have little time for racing but would like to hit an occational mx race...are there any tracks in Iowa that have races that do not require AMA memberships or D22 memberships?...I only plan to race just a bit so I do feel like dropping alot of money on memberships.

none that ive been to require a full membership, they will let you buy a day pass.

d22 day pass is $5, sorry im not sure about the AMA day pass though but i know its available.

so your telling me you can show up to say...Montezuma, lamoni, hawkeye downs, not have a ama membership or d22...pay the five bucks and still race? or what tracks are you talking about?

the enduros and hs ive done are set up like that.

So most MX and Hairsrambles in Iowa you can just buy a AMA and D22 pass for the day and be good to go??

I don't think you can get an ama membership for just 1 day.

AMA or ATVA $39 per year no one day pass for MX District 22 $20 per season no one day pass for MX District 17 last year had $5 one day pass for MX but not district 22.

99.9% of MX, HS, or Enduros in Iowa are AMA and D22

You really consider a $39 membership for the AMA and a $20 District membership, a total of $59 to be exceptionally expensive to be able to race a few times a year? Heck...you couldn't take your best girl to a Triple A baseball game and buy a few beers and a couple of hot dogs for that price!

EDIT: The main reason you want to race AMA/District is because of the insurance...their program is the best...tracks that run without sanction may have substandard insurance or none at all. Plus, you can count on uniformaty of rules at AMA/District events. Definately worth the $59, even if you only race 3 or 4 times in the season.

Pine hill mx outside of Atlantic IA doesn't require AMA or D22 card. He has a series with a couple other tracks with in western Iowa. Its very good for those of us on the western side of the state that don't have the time for weekend trips to C.R. or anywhere east of Des Moines.

Next summer I will have little time for racing but would like to hit an occational mx race...are there any tracks in Iowa that have races that do not require AMA memberships or D22 memberships?...I only plan to race just a bit so I do feel like dropping alot of money on memberships.
Not sure where you are in IA, but if you can make it to the Omaha/Lincoln area, I know Soaring Edge MX and Fox Run MX don't require AMA/District cards. If you're just looking to hit the track and have some fun racing (not worried about standings/season ranking, etc.,) those two places might be options for you.