Sell or keep?

Someone had offered me 1200 for my 99 husky wr250 that i paid 800 for. only problem is then its starting another search for another bike and who knows how long that will take.i ride woods and trails, and the bike seems to be geared towards this kind of stuff. But i was thinking since its almost impossible to get parts for the bike and there is little to no aftermarket i may sell it and get a cr250 or kx250. What are some of your guys opinions?

i am just trying to decide if its worth the hassel of getting rid of it and then trying to find another bike that costs more and wont be as reliable. From what i understand these bikes are bulletproof and can handle just about anything, where as the motocross style bikes more frequent service intervals

i am just trying to decide if its worth the hassel of getting rid of it and then trying to find another bike that costs more and wont be as reliable. From what i understand these bikes are bulletproof and can handle just about anything, where as the motocross style bikes more frequent service intervals

Selling the bike is going to cost you money... finding a more reliable bike..... that's all realitive. all bikes have their weakness but most bikes built in the last 4 years are pretty good.

so the question is... how much do you have to spend on an upgrade?

$1500 to $2000 won't get you much better

$2000 to $2500 might be a good upgrade if you can find a "gonga" deal

$2500 to $3000 will get you a late model bike that will be much nicer than your current scooter

$3000 to $4000 will get you a fairly new bike.

$4000 + your getting in almost new/year old bike. could find a barely ridden bike that looks new.

Or keep the husky.. ride and have fun smoking guys that paid 10 times what you did on a new scoot..?

From what I have read in the Husqvarna forum getting parts for these bikes is no problem,I have been looking at the TE450 & getting parts was one of my concerns with the Husqvarna. I would keep that bike unless you are upgrading to somthing newer. Wich means spending more $$.

Try Halls, or Fast by Ferrochi. I think in the US there is also Tasky Cycle. some of theese US dealers should be able to hook you up. A fresh top end, some new skins, and have your suspension rebuilt, it will feel like a new bike. I was looking at some new Japanese 450's and they are all selling for around $9000.00 + tax here in Alberta, Canada. Needless to say, I'll be riding my '06 WR 250 Husky for a while yet.

From what I have read in the Husqvarna forum getting parts for these bikes is no problem,I have been looking at the TE450 & getting parts was one of my concerns with the Husqvarna. I would keep that bike unless you are upgrading to somthing newer. Wich means spending more $$.

Here's another urban myth.. my husky dealer can get most parts in less than 3 days.(usually quicker than my old honda dealer). only thing he couldn't get was a set of oem supermoto wheels for a buddies 610..

so stop the "you can't get parts" madness.. because in most cases.. it's B.S.

ive decided to keep the bike, theres no point in getting rid of it just to waste MORE money on something thats only marginally better or just newer. Its an offroad toy its made to take a good thrashing and i plan to ride it til it either falls apart or i fall apart which ever comes first haha

Never had a problem getting parts for either of my Huskies, usually the dealer has them in stock or at my door within 3-5 days. My Kawasaki on the other hand has sat for weeks at a time waiting for trivial parts. Finally got rid of that POS. Husky all the way, never looking back.

06 Husky CR125

07 Husky TE250