Sign in to follow this  

California to Las Vegas Ride Report (pic's)

I too began as a skateboarder in SCV :worthy:

Ah, a fellow SCV old school skater. You must be familiar with some of the ditches that used to be skateable before the housing boom in SCV like "Forevers" over by El Torito, "The Hole" in Canyon Country, "Green Valley", etc.....

To get back on track, the pics in this thread were amazing. What camera and lens did you use?

Ah, a fellow SCV old school skater. You must be familiar with some of the ditches that used to be skateable before the housing boom in SCV like "Forevers" over by El Torito, "The Hole" in Canyon Country, "Green Valley", etc.....

To get back on track, the pics in this thread were amazing. What camera and lens did you use?

Forevers, dam it has been a long time:lol: I loved that parking stump and wood setup to ride that! Then go to Wendy's and get a drink, then back to riding.

I rode mostly ramps and pools though:thumbsup: I miss my Lance Moutain board with OJ wheels:lol: :worthy::eek:

I guess my KTM is doing the trick for me now though:smirk:

Looks like an awesome day, thanks for sharing. Hitting the whoop section after 200 miles of riding must have been brutal!

Sooooo, you guys stopped skating?

Me 1977:

skatercross_.jpg

Me (Im 45 now):

glendale12_05.jpg

Sorry to hikack...

This was a amazing ride report. Thanks mucho

Me 1977:

skatercross_.jpg

Me (Im 45 now):

glendale12_05.jpg

Sorry to hikack...

That's awesome and you still shred too:lol:

I had my membership to the upland skate park:thumbsup:

"Forever's":lol: I totally forgot about that place. My buddies and I shredded that place almost everyday back in the late 70's early 80's...

Hey everyone My name is Don the old man of the ride to Las Vegas.:eek: Just wanted to say great job to Shawn for the ride report. :worthy: We have talked about this ride for awhile and it was better than I thought it would be.

Ryan picked a good route with the GPS and it was great to do this with my son Ryan,Shawn and Bobby while I could still almost match their speed. Looking forward to the next trip when my daughter and son in law can join us.

Forevers, dam it has been a long time:lol: I loved that parking stump and wood setup to ride that! Then go to Wendy's and get a drink, then back to riding.

I rode mostly ramps and pools though:thumbsup: I miss my Lance Moutain board with OJ wheels:lol: :worthy::eek:

I guess my KTM is doing the trick for me now though:smirk:

Me 1977:

skatercross_.jpg

Me (Im 45 now):

glendale12_05.jpg

Sorry to hikack...

Nice!, I love hearing all the old spots!

Can you name this spot?

3007834589_66c7622d32_o.jpg

And to anwer your question, I do get my skate on every now and again. In fact I just broke my ribs not too long ago trying out a ramp we had on set for Tony Hawk to skate. Let's just say it had a "fast" transition. He of course killed it.

Nice!, I love hearing all the old spots!

Can you name this spot?

3007834589_66c7622d32_o.jpg

And to anwer your question, I do get my skate on every now and again. In fact I just broke my ribs not too long ago trying out a ramp we had on set for Tony Hawk to skate. Let's just say it had a "fast" transition. He of course killed it.

That ditch looks very familiar, Iknow I've skated that before. Where is that, its killing me!

You are gonna have to throw up some more riding pics to save this thread. :worthy:

It was just south of Forevers, on Valencia Blvd. Yu had to walk back into the hills for say a 1/4 mile to find it. We just loved it because it was off the road.

As for more pictures, I don't have any more worth posting for this ride. I guess I am gonna have to do another big ride soon. Glad to know that so many people liked the report, I really worked hard on it.

What a great way to spend dicking off at work! Great report and photos!

Nice avatar. Isn't that a "sleestak"? Land of the Lost?

Boy at first I though this was going to be a prop 8 thread with this picture. 2987014841_9f15956d29_b.jpg

Looks like a great time. I can't wait to do it. I'm doing Cal City to Prim in a few weeks and I will post some pictures when we get back. :worthy:

Enjoying the report. The production on the photo's is great. Keep it up.

I'd love to do a ride like this some day!

I thought we did it?:worthy:

I want to know why Hotel rooms are so much in Primm. I just booked one yesterday and it was $12 for the night. :eek: Sure it's for a Sunday night, but hell $12 a night?

travelworm.com is the place to book a room. :worthy:

I want to know why Hotel rooms are so much in Primm. I just booked one yesterday and it was $12 for the night. :banghead: Sure it's for a Sunday night, but hell $12 a night?

travelworm.com is the place to book a room. :worthy:

I also booked mine, I tried to book all the way to may also but they wouldn't let me go that far :eek:. 12.00 is cheaper than me staying at home, even with my steak dinner.