Potential LC4 Adventure buyer w/ questions!

I'm considering a deal to obtain a 2001 ktm 640 lc4 adventure. Can you KTM experts answer a few questions? My bro and I own a KTM Duke II so that's about as far as I know about the LC4.

1. Is the 2001 ktm 640 lc4 adventure working with the same engine as the Duke II?

2. What should I be looking for in this bike when I inspect or if I eventually take possession?

3. What price is fair for a good condition Adventure?

4. Problems that are nagging on this model?

5. Can you go on longer touring trips with this bike in comfort? How about two up riding?

My brother had a lc4 and i rode it on the street for 10 miles, that was all i could take. My hands and butt were completely numb ,that thing vibrated like a paint shaker. I would take it for a ride before you buy it, don't know if they are all like that. My brother sold his with 600 miles on it.

For whatever reason, I stopped noticing the vibration on my LC4 in my first couple of miles of saddle time. The first time I rode one I noticed it. But not enough to stop me from buying one. Even if it was something that nagged me, it would be a fair trade for a motor that rips, decent suspension and God's own brakes.

As Robbersroost1 said, it might not be the world's best streetbike, but once you get it off road it is very good. And vibration can be mitigatedd somewhat by running a SXC Competition pipe and getting the jetting right. For some reason uncorking the motor smooths it out somewhat. Mine will still mix paint idling. But it is sweet when you on the gas.