Sign in to follow this  

my bikes been nicked

Makes me wonder if there is something we can install on our bikes to track it down or something?

you could check into adding LoJak to your bike.

Not really a fair comparison. England, as a country, is approx 50,000 sq miles. Size wise, that falls in between Alabama and North Carolina.

Anyway, really sorry to hear about your Z. Hope you find the worthless dirt bag that took it. Good luck.

so true, thats why the per capita would make sense. I guess we can divide the 9000 or so bikes stolen in CA by about 1000 which is about how much bigger in population than England we are. So about 9 bikes were stolen in CA comparitively.

Ah, my math isnt quite great, but you get the point. At least we can beat the guy up if we catch him here.

so true, thats why the per capita would make sense. I guess we can divide the 9000 or so bikes stolen in CA by about 1000 which is about how much bigger in population than England we are. So about 9 bikes were stolen in CA comparitively.

Ah, my math isnt quite great, but you get the point. At least we can beat the guy up if we catch him here.

Reading that made my head hurt...:worthy:

cops over here are too busy filling in paper work or catching bike OWNERS speeding, they have no time for real crime.

cops over here are too busy filling in paper work or catching bike OWNERS speeding, they have no time for real crime.

Trust me, it ain't no different here.

Trust me, it ain't no different here.

well it is sure different here. You see, since the criminals in NYC and the UK can have weapons, the law abiding folks cannot. We take a dim view of corruption on the West Coast, aka Mike Carona. On the East Coast, it is a way of life, aka Rudy Giulani. It looks to me in the UK, since the constables dont carry guns, they only go after people they know are not carrying guns either, citezens. Oh, this world is so full of bs and sissified peeps. I think I had better go for a ride before I get on a rant again. Or read about Cajun and his respectfull demeanor which restores my faith in mankind a little. Ten years for now, we will probably chide a guy like Cajun for being so accountable. Just like we did to the old guy who just kept his faith while bieng put up at one of Saigons finest hotels.

But its already gone.

Absolutely GUTTED for you, mate. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their ringpieces.:worthy:

Good luck with the claim too. Owt you need, just shout.

DRZ!!!!!!!!!

here she is with the latest mods

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

sorry they are a lot blurry, i had new graphics & seat cover planned and was maybe gonna get her an fcr for xmas if she was good

sorry to hear bout your bike. this gets me so mad how somebody can just go into your garage and take your stuff and not think about it again. this can be a lesson to all to lock up your bikes, cause i know i definetley am now. my bikes are always going in and out of my garage so im guessing my house is on the list.... but hope everything works out for ya and good luck.

well....it kinda depends on which numbers you use, but England is way bigger than California in population:

California:

36+ million from the US Census 2007

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/SAFFPopulation?_event=Search&_name=&_state=04000US06&_county=&_cityTown=&_zip=&_sse=on&_lang=en&pctxt=fph

United Kingdom:

60+ million from the CIA Factbook...very, very interesting reading indeed:smirk:

I have used this information frequently during my USAF Planning Background. There simply isn't any better source of data in the world. You can download the unclassified version for free......check it out & build up your "bar knowledge".......it has also helped me to drink free on many Saturday Nights:cheers:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/uk.html

so, if anyone has the theft figures, lets try the comparison 1 more time....I'm going to go back and finish polishing my bullets:moon:

HappyRiding !!

:worthy::eek:

DRZ!!!!!!!!!

here she is with the latest mods

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

sorry they are a lot blurry, i had new graphics & seat cover planned and was maybe gonna get her an fcr for xmas if she was good

well there is your problem right there! you owned the best looking drz made!

sorry..... not trying to be funny. you see i owned the exact year and color combo and it was ripped off from me last year :worthy:

i hope you get your bike back

Just a side question... Are dirtbikes stolen out of a garage covered under home owners insurance? Or do you need bike specific insurance?

well it is sure different here. You see, since the criminals in NYC and the UK can have weapons, the law abiding folks cannot. We take a dim view of corruption on the West Coast, aka Mike Carona. On the East Coast, it is a way of life, aka Rudy Giulani. It looks to me in the UK, since the constables dont carry guns, they only go after people they know are not carrying guns either, citezens. Oh, this world is so full of bs and sissified peeps. I think I had better go for a ride before I get on a rant again. Or read about Cajun and his respectfull demeanor which restores my faith in mankind a little. Ten years for now, we will probably chide a guy like Cajun for being so accountable. Just like we did to the old guy who just kept his faith while bieng put up at one of Saigons finest hotels.

Some cops in the UK do carry guns. But the main thing in guns not being legal here is we have a low murder rate involving them (approx 59 in 06/07)

In 2001 the USA had a Gun deaths per 100,000 population of 3.98 compared to the UK's 0.15.

I know theft sucks, but it's better that being Shot :worthy:

Was the bike garaged? I shit myself everynight when I lock my DRZ away as it would be so easy for someone to jack her :eek: I just hope coz she is out of sight no one will no she is there!

I will keep an eye out on Ebay for you mate.

hi mate , sorry to hear this im in Northampton and have a few friends in Peterbrough (stanground) and in the industry inc MCN send me a pic and i will put it around yes i will gladly knock them off also keep a eye on fleabay.

g.hamilton367@ntlworld.com

here here its to much like hard work to catch real scum so they sit on the side of the road all day drinking tea and filling there piggy bellys , got the garage broke into a couple of years ago took them 2 days to come round Fock them now its wired to a timer and the mains !

here here its to much like hard work to catch real scum so they sit on the side of the road all day drinking tea and filling there piggy bellys , got the garage broke into a couple of years ago took them 2 days to come round Fock them now its wired to a timer and the mains !

very true. That's why I make sure my insurance is fully watertight. At the moment we have a big retirement complex being built at the back of our garage block and have loads of Polish workers eyeing up my garage, I have had to wire up a 200db PIR alarm and have put a baseball bat under my bed just incase it should happen to go off, oh yeah and my two dogs on standby.

Hope your bike turns up mate.

Bad luck mate,theiving scum,theyre everywhere unfortunately.Will you be buying another drz with the insurance money?
well....it kinda depends on which numbers you use, but England is way bigger than California in population:

California:

36+ million from the US Census 2007

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/SAFFPopulation?_event=Search&_name=&_state=04000US06&_county=&_cityTown=&_zip=&_sse=on&_lang=en&pctxt=fph

United Kingdom:

60+ million from the CIA Factbook...very, very interesting reading indeed:smirk:

I have used this information frequently during my USAF Planning Background. There simply isn't any better source of data in the world. You can download the unclassified version for free......check it out & build up your "bar knowledge".......it has also helped me to drink free on many Saturday Nights:cheers:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/uk.html

so, if anyone has the theft figures, lets try the comparison 1 more time....I'm going to go back and finish polishing my bullets:moon:

QUOTE]

This kind of comparison is where most people go wrong when trying to compare crime figures to understand the influence of gun control

Even when you account for total population you have not adjusted for population density. Density = more crime (of all kinds). I grew up in Britain (all over the country including a spell in London) and Britains density is far higher than in the US. Imagine it being like one big City.

In context - Britain = 717 people per square mile

California = 235 people per square mile.

in this case it would be more accurate to compare motorcycle density:

Britain has roughly 1 million registered making the bike density 12.3 bikes per square mile.

the US has about 4 million registered making the density just over 1 bike per square mile.

Since motorcycles are considerably more popular in Europe with high gas prices there will be a higher per capita ownership rate. Thefts should be divided by registered owners, not by the general population.

In the UK roughly 3.7% of bike owners are victims of theft. The rate is decreasing.

of the 4 million motorcycles registered in the US, about 70,000 were stolen in 2006. thats 1.75% The rate is increasing.

There is no easy way to 'control' the figures for density unless you compare distinct cities with similar motorcycle density. I dont have data at that level - but id be willing to bet that cities with equal density would have similar bike theft rates (thefts per registered owner) - even then other influences would need to be considered, such as police department funding or the punishment for stealing a motorcycle.

Theres lots of other information I could share, but this is the bike forum not a gun control discussion forum. It should be apparent though that its not accurate to imply theft rates are lower in the US because we have more guns.