removing clutch cover?

That's the clutch adjuster, doesn't need to be touched to remove the cover. It's prolly stuck on the gasket or the starter.

When you get it off, watch out for the thingy in the end of the crank with a spring under it. Make sure you get it back in place when you put it back together or no oil will get to the head.

You do have a manual, right?

Yeah, 2 of the bolt holes have dowels in them. I just removed mine for the first time since it was new and it was on good. Just basically stuck with the gasket. I used a rubber mallet and a drift punch from the left side on the lip of the cover and once it was broken free of the gasket I was able to wiggle it off.

• 10 years later...

First, make sure you got all nine bolts.  Second, you can safely tap with a 8mm t-handle or something where the clutch arm goes into the cover.  It's beefy and flat.  Don't wack it, but you can tap it pretty good.  That side will come loose.  Then it should be pretty easy from there. 

After a lot of work I was able to remove it.  I went around the cover were I could with a metal rod and tapped the cover on the edges.  Then I hit it with a rubber hammer.  I applied heat from a heat gun.  Hit it some more and then more heat.  repeat again  heat and hammer.  Then I put a finger in the hole from the dip stick and pulled while hammering on it in trying to make it move as I hammered out.  The seal the broke.