RacerX 450 shootout posted

Well -------- even without EFI, none of the pro testers seemed to bag on the Yammie too much --- just for the things we already know about (softer power delivery mainly) -- Honda is always the biggest dog to overcome in any of the "shootouts" and has been since 1983

Enough poor ergonomic issues were found with the CR that it basically just reinforces my opinion that stayin' blue is the right thing to do for me :worthy:

For me, I'm happy with my Yammie. Besides, I can barely tell the difference between my 02 426 and my 08 450 (other than the 426 sounds better!). I can't use all the ponies it has tucked away and am too darned old to get hurt bad. Rode a buddy's KX450 and it felt good, but I'll leave it to the experts to decide which is better for their level. Me, I'm sticking with blue because I like it. Besides, I'd have to get all new colored gear if I changed :worthy:

Its too bad they couldn't level the playing field by putting a good slip-on muffler on the YZ. All the other bikes get to breathe through a straight-through muffler.

I'm sure there wouldn't be as many "soft power" comments.

But overall looks like they had great things to say about the YZ.

I decided on the 09 KXF450 for 09 but you Yamaha guys indeed have the best suspension and very good quality and reliability. Also for the power being soft that is how you lay down fast lap times! Yamaha knows what they are doing. My decision was based on EFI, That is what I wanted and I feel Kawi did the best job mating the motor to the EFI.

The only 450 I would ever consider would be the newer YZ450. I find the others a tad too much power for me off road. I'm trying to find (buy) ways to get more power from my 250F but a smarter choice maybe a detuned 450. Plus, having a quiet bike is vitally important to me.