Sign in to follow this  

1995 Yamaha XT225 Batter/Stator? Problem

Hey guys, I haven't been around here in quite sometime. Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but I thought it would be worth a shot.

The bike in question is a 95 XT 225. After riding it for about 3 hours(ish) the battery will die and you must push start it. The battery can be charged and the process repeated.

Just before this problem started, my father was riding it and all the magnets on the flywheel busted off and kind of locked the engine up. Since then the flywheel was replaced, and the stator wires had been cut up and were put back together.

Any idea to what could be causing this? You can take the positive battery cable off of the battery, and the bike still runs, so I believe the stator is still working. But, when you take the cable off it kind of bogs a bit, and regains itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks...

I can't remember how old it is, but it is fairly new.

I own a trickle charge, lol. I've just been putting it on for a bit a night. The thing is, I am going on a trail ride tomorrow, and it shall be interesting when the bike dies at the bottom of a revine or something, haha.