Sign in to follow this  

My shot at making graphics

Hi everyone,

Yes I'm trying to learn and design graphics for our bikes.:worthy: Right now the only template I am working with is the DRZ400 at this time. But I will venture into others as well real soon.

But this is what I've got so far.

3018036323_62053e4a20.jpg?v=0

Please let me know what you think....:eek: good or bad:p as this is the first file. I still need to get alot more logo's and such that others might want but this is a start:banana:

Hope everyone had a good weekend riding, we did on Saturday:ride:

Very nicely done. Don't get carried away with the logos. It's easy to make them toooooo busy.

Dave

:worthy: So that's what you've been up to. Way to go Deb! BTW I couldnt open either email you sent me. I like it, the only problem is my computer is missing certain colors. I need to look at it from the lap top. I like what I see even from this computer. Maybe just Thumpette as in singular? implying your one of them? And of course I love the 2b=R haha, I think I want it on my bike. Very cool:worthy: I may hit you up for this. Not much out there for the DRZ's in graphics. It least that I have found or liked. Oh, do you have the Clarke tank? Do the graphics go on part of it too if you do?

:eek: So that's what you've been up to. Way to go Deb! BTW I couldnt open either email you sent me. I like it, the only problem is my computer is missing certain colors. I need to look at it from the lap top. I like what I see even from this computer. Maybe just Thumpette as in singular? implying your one of them? And of course I love the 2b=R haha, I think I want it on my bike. Very cool:worthy: I may hit you up for this. Not much out there for the DRZ's in graphics. It least that I have found or liked. Oh, do you have the Clarke tank? Do the graphics go on part of it too if you do?

Yes I have the Clarke tank but this is for the stock tank so far. And yes this will also go on my Clarke tank too. :worthy:

Thats a good Idea on Thumpette :banghead:

Looks very nice, but I think I'd like the "Thumpettes" in either red or yellow to go with the rest of the scheme. However, purple is my least favorite color, so I may not be the one to ask! I also kind of agree with the post above that maybe it should be "Thumpette" rather than the plural.

Solid start.

Not sold on the thumpettes type color. I'd try: outline in white, fill with red, move the yosh logo (or make smaller) on the rad shroud so it doesn't fight with the red TT etc. Maybe make smaller and solid (white?) the "two blondes..." type, because the shroud looks a lil crowded. I like the 2B=... on the smaller bits, but it might need more contrast with the black.

The above is IMO only. But if your going with gradients make sure to use a quality printer, and ask about the best prepress set up before hand, they can at times cause production issues.

Where might I ask did you get the templates?

Are all those logos vector? Remember do all your designs in Illustrator and not Photoshop.

All the logos were made in illustrator. Took a long time to get them close to right :thumbsup:

This weekend I am going to change it to Thumpette. I agree it works better:thumbsup: I am also going to make some in Yellow, Blue and White too.

Once I get it dialed in I will have them made and then sap them on:thumbsup:

Where might I ask did you get the templates?

I got the templates from someone here in TT. I belive in the DRZ forum a few months ago.

If you would like the templates let me know:thumbsup:

Thanks Debi, need templates, but not for a DRZ. Expecting a pic of the finished product then done!

how do you print something like that? Obviously need sticker paper. I would love to make my own graphics for my bike it would be awesome!

less logo's... is what i like. most of the time they don't pay you to ride. so i don't run ads for them. simple and clean. but i'm considered an old fart that likes to ride, not much flash but lots of go...

so anyone kno how to print the graphics if i made them? Special printer im guessing?

call a company that makes them, ? AMR graphics? and just grill them... how are they made and will they last, are they printed at a silk screen shop? those kind of Q's... because YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO BE STRONG AND LAST. kinda Q's... they don't need to know your planning on taking over the world of graphics... nice job on yours. i run a printing press for a living, i see lots of stuff come in and what they think is nice, just turns people's gut. good to have an open mind on your designs.