1998 YZ400F Graphics (Red & Black) Going Retro...

I converted my 1999 400F to white plastics, including the gas tank, and also stripped the frame down and repainted it black. Now I want to finish up by putting the graphics from the 1998 400F which was sold in France, Italy, and Canada I believe...this model: http://www2.yamaha-motor.fr/actu/IMG/jpg/ym50_doc15-yamaha-yz400f-1998.jpg Anyone know how to score a set of these graphics? I called a dealer in Canada, they can't gaurantee it is going to be the set I want if we order, and the price is $300+! (Ouch!!!) I am currently looking into the custom graphics sector...Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Pete

Yep Gray, thats what I'm shooting for! I love that bike, that is the YZM400F. I am looking for those graphics, but they are hard to find. The 1998 models in other countries were released that color with those graphics. Has anybody bought these graphics for their white 400F or 426F???

That's correct! It was handbuilt for Henry...matter of fact, very little of anything made it to the actual '98 model...The frame was hand built, the subframe consisted of carbon fiber, the exhaust was titanium, and much of the motor I'm sure was just too expensive to mass produce (not sure of the details.) I guess we were limited to the cheap, easy to make, mass produced version!

• 11 years later...
31 minutes ago, Bulwapo said:

Coonass400, did you find a source for those graphics? 

This is a 12 year old thread. Most graphic companies can make you almost anything these days. If I were you I’d contact Decalworks as they have been in business for a long time and may have some specs for that bike in their database. 

Just now, Bulwapo said:

Thanks for the reply. This was a shot in the dark. There's a decal maker here in Costa Rica and will give her a try. 

See how it goes. If you’re able to get something local it’s nice as long as the quality is there. Once you get things sorted post a few pics.