Sign in to follow this  

New Jersey riders

If you didn't already know, look for a new track to be opening in (I believe) April. It is supposed to be in Woodbine. Another place to ride is always good news to me, since I seem to be losing more places to ride every year. I would also like to get together for (with some warmer weather) some weekend riding with anyone interested. Maybe see some of each others ride spots, bikes, chicks.....

crfracer,

where oh where is woodbine? north/south/east/west?

i ride trails at NJORVP, paragon PA, TRAX (jack frost PA), and some other not-so-secret but-keep-them-quiet central/southern NJ and eastern PA spots. i also do some trail ride events, like the 'six days of michigan'. you race MX or trails or ???

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Wrooster, Woodbine is south-southwest. Almost near Cape May. Track is supposed to be sandy. I live in Ocean county, and ride MX. Like you, I ride in a couple "worst kept secret" spots. But I'm looking for guys to ride with. Most of my buddies wussed out.

I ride on the tracks up here in Stanhope. I used to go down south to Georges property. I race hare scrambles and my buddy has a private motocross track.

I'VE BEEN A MEMBER ON NJORVP SINCE DAY ONE ALSO RIDE JACK FROST,E-TOWN PRACTICE TRACK RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.I USED TO RIDE TRAILS BUT NOW I RACE MX.ALSO INTO HARE SCRAMBLES DID A COUPLE FEW YEARS BACK AT FLYING DUTCHMAN.ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PEPOLE TO RIDE.YOU GUYS HERE ABOUT INDOOR RIDING TO BE BUILT IN TRENTON .WWW.XARENASPORTS.COM.

is this part of the xtreme habitat park that a bunch of people are working on? if not, have you heard anything about that?

I did hear something about Trenton, but not much more than what you had mentioned. (better wear kevlar and pack some heat before you bring your bike into Trenton though... there is also a place in Flemington, Xtreme Sports & Entertainment complex, but I haven't been there yet, nor do I know it's exact location. I would like to get together for some moto when the mercury gets above at least 40.

I don't think that extreme habitat track is ever going to happen. I know guys who ride on the property it's almost impossible to keep people out. The watershed property is also ridden alot. You can count legal places to ride on 1 hand.

I ride in a nature preserve at times. I find the first mud puddle I come to and rub mud on my license plate.

Or I could buy a Harley and go to gay bars.

Like Honda88 I've been a member of NJORVP for a long time. It's a great place and the state needs more like it. E- Town is nice if you dont mind waiting for the ambulance to get back if someone crashes (Usually only happens when the practice track is open the same day as a race) The place in Trenton I'll believe when I see, but it sounds promising.

Have any of you guys been to Flemington? And when do you usually go to Chatsworth? I live 20 minutes from there, and used to be a member, but last I saw it was a mob scene. Maybe I need to come back.

All you guys coming to Rocket when T.T. ride is posted? You don't know what your missing - it's really a great track that you can open your crf up a fair amount.

3 hours - 150 miles from Allentown PA - 12.00 Last time mx600 and I went - FREE! Guess they had the xmas spirit in them as we had coffee down at their house too!

Really - Don't miss the ride and tell all your freinds! It will be a day well rememberd I'm sure!

Woodbine is located off RT 55, where it merges with Rt 347, near Wildwood, NJ.

Huffa, what and where is Rocket? I'm interested in the ride, when is it usually? Thanks!

..Can I play too? Now that I'm of advanced age and weight, I retired the 500 and got valves. If any one is riding the shore pits, let me know, looks to be thawed by Sunday. MV...mvmx6@yahoo...jersey shore area.

mv, sounds like your close, where are you riding sunday? Maybe I'll join you for some moto...

extreme habitat is still being looked into. i hope it works out it's not far from where i live

I hope that it works out too. I've seen/read a bunch of things through district 34 message boards, and I've signed a petition to get it to open. It looks like a great place if it ever becomes reality.

CRF, I'm thinkn Frenchy's,but with 16" of frost in Barnegat, maybe it's into the woods on the spikes. Are you plated and legal? MV

mv- no plates or reg, I'm as illegal as a crack whore. Frenchy's is a cool pit, but it is still gonna be below freezing this weekend. Does'nt help my ankles with all the pins in them.... pm me your email address so I can contact you. You must be very close, thanks

"Huffa, what and where is Rocket? I'm interested in the ride, when is it usually? Thanks!"

<font color="brown"> It's about 1+1/4 hours west of Harrisburg. Owners very cool. Never had a tt ride their but sure in March or April there should be one scheduled. Well they did but not many showed up. This is not your usual track made on flat ground with jumps like Frost, Englishtown and Rausch. Very open and spectating wise you can see 85% of the track just were you park! It's the only track I go to anymore just about. mx600 went with me and loved it and said he will go again for sure and he lives 5 hours approx away! Here's their website.

www.rocketraceway.com

It says on their site it's a cross between Dilla and Bud. I wouldn't go quite that far in describing the track but there are a few portions of the track that mimmic sections of Bud and Dilla. It only opened up beginng of last season.

I'm hoping we can get at least a dozen riders next time to come.