Seat bumps

What is everyones opinion on the seat bumps?

I have a seat bump for my bike from Factory Effex with their TC4 Seat cover and I really recommend both for any 4 stroke!

The seat bump really work and help me to stay in position when exiting a corner. The Tc4 seat cover is very grippy and goes well in conjonction with the seat bump! I would not hesitate to buy another one!

When i shaved the seat of my 450x i left a bump in it, feels good, definitely keeps you forward on the bike.

I like them also i have limited movement in my left knee the step keeps me forward

What Do You Think Works Better The Seat Bump Or The Step Seat? Have Any Of You Made One Without Buying A Kit And How Easy Are They To Do.

I like the seat bumps better than step seats. Step seats are often higher in the back, which can hit you in the butt while going through whoops. I make my own bump seats using half of a bar pad (so do most of the top pros).

Never seen either the steped seats or the bumps. Does anyone have any pictures of them? Progress pics would be great for those who did their own, if you took pics while doing it.

I like the seat bumps better than step seats. Step seats are often higher in the back, which can hit you in the butt while going through whoops. I make my own bump seats using half of a bar pad (so do most of the top pros).

How do you know where to position it? I am getting ready to install a seat cover on my 09 KX450F. Thanks for the help!

Never seen either the steped seats or the bumps. Does anyone have any pictures of them? Progress pics would be great for those who did their own, if you took pics while doing it.

Here is my 450 with a bump seat:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=61759

How do you know where to position it? I am getting ready to install a seat cover on my 09 KX450F. Thanks for the help!

I sat on my bike so that I am sitting with good form and am comfortable. Then I drew a line on the foam where the back of my butt was. Then I glued the front of the bump to the foam where the line was, then stretched the cover over.

take part of an old bar pad foam, cut it in half then cut again to the length of width of the seat. Grab you some contact cement and go at it! re staple the cover back! Wont even cost a dime

KJ790 - Thanks for the pic. Pretty much what I expected but wasn't sure. Nice bike by the way!