Black/White to CDI module...Why??

I went to turn on my lights today and they were all dead. I rode anyway and when I got home I pulled out my service manual. I removed my headlamp shroud and after a few quick checks discovered that the ignition switch red/black wires were not becoming a closed circuit when I turned the key to the on position. I wired in a separate switch to complete the circuit red/black and my lights are working better than ever. They are bright and now the horn is loud too. I believe the contacts in the ignition switch have been slowly developing resistance and finally increased enough to limit the current to an unusable level. I noticed on the wiring diagram a white/black wire going to the cdi box...What is this for? My bike seems to working perfectly with only a simple on/off switch wired to the black/red wires. The battery seems to be charging and my kill switch works fine...Why is the ignition wired to the cdi box?? Anybody who can tell me wins a prize...

mimorris6@aol.com

I went to turn on my lights today and they were all dead. I rode anyway and when I got home I pulled out my service manual. I removed my headlamp shroud and after a few quick checks discovered that the ignition switch red/black wires were not becoming a closed circuit when I turned the key to the on position. I wired in a separate switch to complete the circuit red/black and my lights are working better than ever. They are bright and now the horn is loud too. I believe the contacts in the ignition switch have been slowly developing resistance and finally increased enough to limit the current to an unusable level. I noticed on the wiring diagram a white/black wire going to the cdi box...What is this for? My bike seems to working perfectly with only a simple on/off switch wired to the black/red wires. The battery seems to be charging and my kill switch works fine...Why is the ignition wired to the cdi box?? Anybody who can tell me wins a prize...

mimorris6@aol.com

That B/W wire comes from the kill switch. It kills IGN power the CDI.