Sign in to follow this  

230 body on 200

Dwight,

Scoops.............all this time I thought those were air brakes!!!:moon: I'd also want the XR tank, seat......and fenders!:thumbsup:

Old School Al

yo ethan!!!

anything is possible, the bolt positions will be different, but just weld the tabs so they're in the right place! plus, i think that you actually CAN swap the tank and seat, i have seen it done........ Clancy.

Dwight,

Scoops.............all this time I thought those were air brakes!!!:moon: I'd also want the XR tank, seat......and fenders!:thumbsup:

Old School Al

Al, did you see the project that I am working on ? Turning a CRF230F to a CXR250F. Untill it is finished I will be continuing to race my XR200R. Hare Scramble in Tenn. this weekend. :moon:

Dwight

Ethan, I put a crf250/400 front fender on my bike as well as a universal UFO MX rear fender. The UFO fender had to be trimmed to fit and the holes had t be drilled. I was able to put it on so the back was a little higher making it more like the newer bikes. I also used a headlight/number plate off of an XR650. It game my bike an updated look. I wasn't really interested in the fake radiator scoops of the CRFs so i was fine with my stock tank. You can see pics in a thread I started titles 82 XR200R introduction and some questions. You can see each step I took in a full rebuild of the bike actually as well. Check it out and look at the pics. You might like some of the simple changes I did to make the bike look a little newer/better. I also retained all of my old parts so I can make it look just liek a stock 82 if I want too by changing some plastics.

Dwight, Tell me more about your new project, sounds interesting.

BTW how's that Old School 200 been treating you?

Hope you have a great/safe race!

Jeff

Dwight, Tell me more about your new project, sounds interesting.

BTW how's that Old School 200 been treating you?

Hope you have a great/safe race!

Jeff

The XR200R is treating me well. I plan on racing it once more in a couple weeks then send my WORKS shock in for a rebound revalve. A bit more needed. It will then become my PV Racer and Modern Backup bike.

I pick up the CRF230F on Friday. Rear Disc added and the 250 big bore kit with 11.5:1 compression ratio and # 2 cam , with XR250R 30mm Carb.

Over the next month I will be putting on lights, speedo, XR250R forks, Works Performance Shock and other mods.

Stay tuned,

Dwight :bonk: