XRR Another HRC kit question

scan0009cb1.png

What is part #19 for?

A rubber stud? What?

It looks like it goes about where the head and cylinder meet but there are already alignment dowels in place.

anti-vibration :thumbsup:

Hmmmm....:thumbsup:

Well I ordered them anyway. I might have 2 rubber studs to look at on my parts shelf when it is all said and done.

I would still like to know what they are for. I wonder if they are an oil passage block? But that would not make much sense.

It looks like you are just ordering the HD cam chain parts, are you having any issues ordering these parts piecemeal? I've been thinking about doing the same.

Oh that is someone else's picture and they had marked it up.

I did go ahead and just buy the needed bits for the cam chain upgrade and I don't foresee any issues with it. I guess I will get a call from Service Honda if they can not get the parts for me.

Mind me asking what that runs? I've been wondering about that too.

Those are rubber sleeves that slip over the cylinder studs thus filling the "gap" between the long studs and the cylinder. They act as a bushing more or less.

As XRMANU pointed out, they are there to control extra vibration in the motor.

Those are rubber sleeves that slip over the cylinder studs thus filling the "gap" between the long studs and the cylinder. They act as a bushing more or less.

As XRMANU pointed out, they are there to control extra vibration in the motor.

LOL

I thought that was a joke. Sorry mate.

Then why only run 2? I guess the alignment dowels get in the way on the other two studs? I wonder what happens if you don't run them?

Mind me asking what that runs? I've been wondering about that too.

HRC parts are the ones with NLB in the part number.

Prices are what I paid 11-15-08 expect dealer pricing to be about 30-40% more.

Part# Qty Desc. Total

90041-NLB-000 2 STUD, RUBBER $ 15.24

14312-NLB-000 1 TIMING SPROCKET $ 73.52

14321-NLB-000 1 CAM SPROCKET $ 73.52

14401-NLB-003 1 CHAIN, CAM $ 88.5

14511-NLB-000 1 TENSIONER, CAM CHAIN $ 106.19

14520-NLB-003 1 TENSION LIFTER ASSY $ 73.52

14620-NLB-003 1 GUIDE, CAM CHAIN $ 106.19

Or $536.68 for the cam chain upgrade.

I am not totally sure that that the Tension lifter Assy is needed but I will sure find out in about a week.

Not sure why there are only two rubbers. And HRC wants you to position them so that they are at the midpoint of the studs. As if they will stay there when you slip the cylinder on them.

I haven't had my tensioner out in a while, but I think that the new tensioner assembly has a slightly wider head to more evenly distribute the load onto the wider cam chain guide.

When installing, make sure to heat up the bolt that is holding the cam chain slider on (behind the primary gear). That sucker has some good loctite on it from the factory and is real easy to break off.

Looking at the cost of the parts individually, I think I'll just get a new HRC kit in the box this spring when it is time for a rebuild. That way I can throw in all new parts and sell my used cam to recoup part of the cost. I know that I need a piston right now as well as a new cam chain.