Rear Wheel distance

I swapped out the 49 tooth sprocket on my 02 KX125 for a 51 tooth. Now the wheel is much farther forward than it was. There are no contact issues, but I am wondering what ill effects having the rear wheel forward will have, and if I should get a new longer chain. Input appreciated, thanks

i think that haveing the wheel further forward reduces straight line stability,but increases cornering?

I have heard that also but i was wondering how far forward is too far.

i think that haveing the wheel further forward reduces straight line stability,but increases cornering?
It does, but not dramatically so within the confines of the chain adjusters. It will also make the bike slightly more wheelie-prone, but again, not by a significant degree. The bike will feel slightly different, but it won't feel like a different bike.

OK well I am going to take it to the track and see how it feels and if it dosent feel right Ill change the chain and move the wheel back some.

mine was further forward. the rear seemed a little stiff , even though i have the clickers almost all the way out. so when i got a new chain last week, i made it longer so i could move the wheel all the way back. there is a noticable difference in the rear, doesnt kick as much. but it still corners well. i need to get it revalved