Putting signals back on bike---help

Just bought a used 08 wr250r. Rode it home, all of about 20miles. Now trying to get it road worthy again. The previous owner took all the lights off for dirt riding. The rear turn signals I have on, but don't know where the plugs are. Do I need to take off the seat in order to get to them? If so, how?:thumbsup: Won't be picking up a manual anytime soon so any help would be appriatciated.

*If there is a site to look at a diagram, that would be sweet.

***HI! Coming from an SS so this DS should be fun.

To pull the seat there are two 8mm head bolts underneath. Once you pull them pull the seat back and up and it is off. Good luck.

Do the plastics need to come off to get to the bolts?

No. They are above and in front of the rear tire. Get to them from the fender well. Take them out, then pull back and up on the seat.

All wiring to the rear runs along the left subframe tube under the left edge of the seat and tail plastic. I think your job will be easier if you take the left side panel off and the tail plastic. The connectors are either under the tail plastic at about the end of the seat, or a little further ahead, under the seat / side panel, closer to the battery.

Use nylon wire ties to secure the replaced wiring to the subframe tube. Leave a little slack in the wiring at the turn signals. They are made to pop off in a spill, and you can just pop them back on - if the wiring doesn't get pulled out.:thumbsup:

You can go to an online OEM parts dealer that shows fiche, maybe their pic will help. One such place is ronniesmailorder.

A pic of my wiring wouldn't help you, or I'd take one, sorry.:moon:

Cheers,

dh

Sweet, thank you very much. After dinner I'll try it out.

I sent you a PM

All good. All done. (wish the back were running lights like the front)

*Stupid me was thinking "Allen" 8mm. Maybe I'm just tired.

thanx everyone for the help. Consider this my "Hi thread, I'm a noob and need lotso help."lol.

All good. All done. (wish the back were running lights like the front)

*Stupid me was thinking "Allen" 8mm. Maybe I'm just tired.

thanx everyone for the help. Consider this my "Hi thread, I'm a noob and need lotso help."lol.

Rear facing amber running lights are illegal in just about every state I know of. I believe red is the only color allowed on the rear of a vehicle for running lights.

BTW, welcome to the group. You'll love this bike.

If the rear light isnt working as a running light you must have missed a wire. Pretty sure all brake lights should stay on for a running light

He was talking about the signal lights not coming on as running lights like the front ones are, not the tail light.

Just bought a used 08 wr250r. Rode it home, all of about 20miles. Now trying to get it road worthy again. The previous owner took all the lights off for dirt riding. The rear turn signals I have on, but don't know where the plugs are. Do I need to take off the seat in order to get to them? If so, how?:thinking: Won't be picking up a manual anytime soon so any help would be appriatciated.

***HI! Coming from an SS so this DS should be fun.

Inspects, I sent you a PM, it might help with future maintenance.

Hahahaha

We need to bury this thread. I hate being such a newb!

*thanks for all the help guys, I'm sure I'll need more in the future.

**When do I get to hand out rep....COOL....25 post is see.