New to me, 2006 Husky 450TC

Hi guys, I'm new to Husqvarna and to big bikes in general. I've been racing pitbikes for the past few years, and haven't owned a "normal" bike since my KX85 when I was 13. But on to the new bike, I'm picking it up tomorrow. Its a low hour 06 TC450. So what should I expect. I've been researching everything I can for the past few days. I will not be racing this bike, trail and track for fun only. I this a good bike, reliable, fast, etc. Anything at all will be helpful. Thanks, Kurt

i think the only thing you might need to mess around with is the forks getting them the way you like them. stock setting aren't very good

Very reliable bike. My youngest son and I both have 05 450 TC's and we have yet to have a problem. Your 06 should be a great bike. As the previous writer stated, get the forks dialed in to your liking and remenber to set the sag on your rear shock. Other than that, get out there and rip it up. Congrats on your new Husky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEF

Make sure it has the 07 autodecomp!!! PM me if you are interested in a pair of forks that are revalved for MX, worlds better than stock. I'm parting out my 06 TC.

Make sure it has the 07 autodecomp!!! PM me if you are interested in a pair of forks that are revalved for MX, worlds better than stock. I'm parting out my 06 TC.

I'm looking at getting a low hr TC510 '06.How are the 06 TCs?

Hey guys, So I got the bike! It is immaculate condition and the forks and shock have been valved by p2r. Now for the bad. I took it out riding the afternoon I got it and it was amazing, everything went well. The next day I took my brother out so he could try it. So hes riding it around having fun, then stalls it. He couldnt start it so I went to help him, 2 kicks with the decomp lever and then a good kick and BANG. It kicked back on me like I've never seen. I instantly knew something was wrong, looked down and theres a nice crack through the right side clutch case. I was about ready to cry.

So im now in the process of getting parts, which are backordered. JJM525 please let me know what you have left off of your bike I really need parts, Thanks, Kurt

Do a search for Halls Cylces...they will get you your parts and decomp system that you will need.....also this was I thought a warranty item at one point so you might want to ask.

I'll be shocked if BMW will warranty that now, bummer. I realized mine wasn't working when I bought it new and treated it as such, always using the "4 stroke-past TDC" ritual. Even then it was an iffy proposition till the 07 parts were available. They make it a kick & go affair, no problem with piston position, it works.

I've got a set of cases w/new bearings & a full kicker assembly,,,no 07 auto decomp though as I'm still going to use that. PM me and we'll try to work it out. I'm right in NJ. Jim.

Hey guys, So I got the bike! It is immaculate condition and the forks and shock have been valved by p2r. Now for the bad. I took it out riding the afternoon I got it and it was amazing, everything went well. The next day I took my brother out so he could try it. So hes riding it around having fun, then stalls it. He couldnt start it so I went to help him, 2 kicks with the decomp lever and then a good kick and BANG. It kicked back on me like I've never seen. I instantly knew something was wrong, looked down and theres a nice crack through the right side clutch case. I was about ready to cry.

Kurt

Sorry for your issues, before you have more let me explain. Back in the dark ages nobody rode 4 strokes bigger than 250s as it took such a horendous effort to kick them over. I had custom boots with an oak arch suport made for a 500BSA (abt 1971) and it kicked back and broke the oak arch. If I was not big & strong it very well could have broken my leg, that was a 500cc and did not have a compression ratio anywhere near what these modern KTM & Huskies have. Then someone (at Huseberg) developed the Automatic De-Compressor (ADC). with it the kicking effort is haved, starter gears/shafts/levers etc and the cases around them are also trimmed down abt 50% which is part of making these light enough that we can enjoy them like a 2 stroke. For some reason the the 06 models had an issue with the ADC

which is the reason one of the posts above recomended that you have this checked before riding it. Do not under any circumstances put that thing back together with out the 07 parts! If I where doing it I would get a compression tester and check the compression! If its around 115 to no more than 125PSI your good to go. If it is not working it will read more like 180 and that will break your cases, feet, gears etc

Dave, that is the type of info I was looking for! I wasnt aware this bike even had an auto decomp release, I'll update to the 07 auto decomp release because at this point it looks like im taking out the motor anyways. I assume the guys at halls will know what I need?

let us know how it goes and approx costs...I have an 06 tc450 and am always light kickin it to avoid a breakage...last 4 stroke was a 91 610 wxe I am strong enough that I have ripped the kickstart from that bike twice.

IIRC the 07 parts are about $90. Installs in about 20 minutes, really easy job.

Hey guys, I called hall's today to see if they would know what I needed. The had no clue. Does anyone know what the part # is for the 07 auto decompression setup? Thanks for any help, Kurt

Just call George at Uptite.