09 SM Conversion Help

Hey anyone here that has a SuperMotard got any ideas on how much I'm looking at spending on a decent conversion for my new 09CRF450R?

What things would I need?

Am I right in thinking that the stock rims won't take any for of slick tyre?

Any input would be priceless! :thumbsup:

mainly you need wheels, tires, all brake system

and you can also change suspensions, fenders etc..

http://www.motostrano.com/sucoki.html here is the full convertion kits by what you need. pro racer, club racer, or street holigan. :thumbsup:

Bare minimum to get the 450 into Supermoto trim, I'd guesstimate about $3,000, excluding the suspension, which is the most important part.

you want to race or just play?

Well I don't wanna spend too much...

It is just for play at the moment, but once my skill builds I would like to race at some point... what's the bare minimum I could spend just to get a feel for Sm riding?

Used wheel set = $800-1000 (don't buy Warp9's, read the reviews)

Tires = $250-600 (stay away from used, track day tires)

Oversize brake = ~$200-300 (or about $100-200 used)

Peg Sliders = $20.00

Axle sliders = $80.00

Handguards = $100.00

Keep an eye out over at supermotojunkie.com There's always complete sets coming up for sale, that are usually between $800-1300. The stuff from '05 and up should all bolt on. The wheels will be the biggest expense, but if you don't beat 'em up, you'll get most of your money back out of 'em.

I race SuMo just for fun, and am converting my CRF over for right around $1300.00 including wheels and tires. Just keep your eyes peeled, and don't rush it.

On a side note, if your brave, go out on your knobbies. We had a couple guys do it at our last club race, and they were all over the place. Keep in mind, they had these huge grins on their face's the whole time, too!

Used wheel set = $800-1000 (don't buy Warp9's, read the reviews)

Tires = $250-600 (stay away from used, track day tires)

Oversize brake = ~$200-300 (or about $100-200 used)

Peg Sliders = $20.00

Axle sliders = $80.00

Handguards = $100.00

Keep an eye out over at supermotojunkie.com There's always complete sets coming up for sale, that are usually between $800-1300. The stuff from '05 and up should all bolt on. The wheels will be the biggest expense, but if you don't beat 'em up, you'll get most of your money back out of 'em.

I race SuMo just for fun, and am converting my CRF over for right around $1300.00 including wheels and tires. Just keep your eyes peeled, and don't rush it.

On a side note, if your brave, go out on your knobbies. We had a couple guys do it at our last club race, and they were all over the place. Keep in mind, they had these huge grins on their face's the whole time, too!

yeah look for the complete set for second hand. I did same and took all the parts, and dont have any problem with fitting them correctly. I gave my drz400sm 2007 and get 2008 crf450r supermoto converted and just raced once. I add some money but it was much more cheaper and easier than taking all the parts one by one...