Rebuild 2002 DRZ-S

Hi all! I've perused many of the faq's and threads but need far more info. I've started to collect parts as i go like lowering,links,yoshi cams and cdi box and some ferrea valves.I would like to Know:

-valve springs DRZE acceptable'reliable

-FCR 39 or 41,mm Then big thing is new or used. Rebuild kits are 150.

-type pipe FMF or Yoshi

-Big Bore Athena? There is suggestion they have larger waterjackets for cooling and supply cylinder alleviating problem of sleeve etc.

Lastly These DRE kits would be necessary? VCome with cam chain,adjuster valve seals and springs.

I know lot questions but live in Canada so price concious and will soon have time to get er done. any and all ino greatly appreciated.

Sorry to be the one to tell you but better than letting you find out the hard way.

The Millenium Tech BB kit is highly regarded. Go with the MRD exhaust built to Burneds specs. The absolute top of the line. Built to address the situation when Yosh discontinued the Ti system. You may want to have Eddie do up your head for you. He'll know what you need and has as much or more time wringing out every last bit of power these bikes have to offer. He'll tell you what carb and jetting to run with your setup.

I'm wondering if any readers have experience specifically with the Athena kits. Too many choices!I do plan on replacing cam chain, valve springs etc. As well do most people replace crank bearings or leave well enough alone. Is this a weak or strong area for the DRZ? So many questions.... i appreciate the comments I have received so far. Thanks

No real difference between an Athena or M/T once it is on the bike. Real difference is convience. A Athena, you get a new barrel, a M/T, you send your old barrel to them, they swap it with a redone big bored one as good as new. That is where the difference in price is. The water jacket part is nonsense.

Crank end bearings are cheap though the main is more prone to failure. If that is a concern, you might be able to source a new/used crank or just ony up and get a stroker.

yosh cams-over priced mediocre performance.

yosh cdi- pro-comm junk.

E model valve springs are the same as S springs.not acceptable at 11,000 rpm.

pipes- if noise is a issue keep the stock pipe.other wise the FMF or available yosh are run of the mill.

athena- fine if thats what you are after.the water jackets hold the exact amount of liquid.

whats a DRE kit?

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to be the one to tell you but better than letting you find out the hard way.

The Millenium Tech BB kit is highly regarded. Go with the MRD exhaust built to Burneds specs. The absolute top of the line. Built to address the situation when Yosh discontinued the Ti system. You may want to have Eddie do up your head for you. He'll know what you need and has as much or more time wringing out every last bit of power these bikes have to offer. He'll tell you what carb and jetting to run with your setup.

The Yosh TRC Ti isn't discontinued. Not sure where that rumor got started, but I spoke with Yosh today and they have plenty on hand, and no plans to disco the TRC Ti.

Anyway, we do have them in stock.

• 3 weeks later...