Boobie Trapped or Bad Luck

So 2 to times in one month I have gotten flat tires due to nails. Both times they have both been old rusty 3.5inch nails and they went straight into the tire.

Both times were in different locations on legal and heavily used trails.

probly booby trapped...

they need to make like kevlar/steel belted/ automatic sealing tires for dirt bikes

What they really need to do is catch these pole smokers that are booby trapping the trails and prosecute their sorry asses with the punishment fitting the crime. For nails intended to spike tires, destruction of private property; for stringing cable or wire across trails, attempted murder.

What they really need to do is catch these pole smokers that are booby trapping the trails and prosecute their sorry asses with the punishment fitting the crime. For nails intended to spike tires, destruction of private property; for stringing cable or wire across trails, attempted murder.
:thumbsup:

you should start running Slime in your tires since it seems to be happening frequently.

i run it already, i just never get flats...:thumbsup:

i like when you are going about 50-60 mph and it starts sloshing around in your tires and makes your bike get squirly and jumpy

So 2 to times in one month I have gotten flat tires due to nails. Both times they have both been old rusty 3.5inch nails and they went straight into the tire.

Both times were in different locations on legal and heavily used trails.

Mind telling us where you live?

Mind telling us where you live?

in the same state as you lol:thumbsup:

EDIT: him, not me... im in western NC

in the same state as you lol:thumbsup:

EDIT: him, not me... im in western NC

Exactly why I was asking!

I live in the Reno Area. The 2nd one I got was at Fort Sage OHV area and I was on the designated trail.

The nails have been stuck in my tire, slime would do nothing:bonk:

If it were a normal spike strip I would assume the nail would be attached to a board or something and puncture the tire and remain on the board.

This is not the case, the nails are sticking into the tire and staying, I would like to think its just bad luck and I ran over an old nail twice in the same month. My friends say no way a nail lying in the dirt can go straight into the tire and stick:foul:

My friends say no way a nail lying in the dirt can go straight into the tire and stick:foul:

It has happened to many of us. The frequency is just bad luck for you.

I was in Vegas and doubling my bets on BLACK at the roulette wheel (10,20,40,80,160,240,480). After loosing the 7th time, I quit. The dealer then told me he has seen RED hit 28x in a row.

Crazier things have happened...don't stress about it.

Your front tire kicks it up and the rear gets it. When construction was heavy hear 2 yrs ago I was getting 2-3 flats a week in my jeep. Always the rear tires.

haha probably some tree hugger loser

I live in the Reno Area. The 2nd one I got was at Fort Sage OHV area and I was on the designated trail.

If it were a normal spike strip I would assume the nail would be attached to a board or something and puncture the tire and remain on the board.

This is not the case, the nails are sticking into the tire and staying, I would like to think its just bad luck and I ran over an old nail twice in the same month. My friends say no way a nail lying in the dirt can go straight into the tire and stick:foul:

It's hard to tell if it's intentional or some douch bag illegally dumping trash. Either way it seams odd that the nail would stick straight into you tire but anythings possible. Could it have entered your tire at an angle then been driven into your tire as you rode?

your friends are wrong. I dont know the science behind it but nails laying in the dirt or weeds do just go into tires. Never happened to me but i've seen big old rusty 5 inch nails go into someones tire and it hit the rim as it went in and turned into an L shape. Pretty funny when you just get going from the shop out to the back yard tack and your buddy stops and is cussin up a storm.