When the bike overheats ...

When the bike overheats, where does the coolant spew from? I had my first 'incident' over the weekend whilst bogged down in sand. The coolant overflowed from the reservoir at the rear and over the sprocket. Is this normal? It's my first liquid cooled dirt bike.

Rich

yep, that's what it does. KLX's have an overflow, so if ya stop and let it cool, the water will get sucked back into the radiator. Rejet and remove/block AIS and it becomes a rarity.

Good luck.

When the bike overheats, where does the coolant spew from? I had my first 'incident' over the weekend whilst bogged down in sand. The coolant overflowed from the reservoir at the rear and over the sprocket. Is this normal? It's my first liquid cooled dirt bike.

Rich

Bogged down in sand? In Oman? Say it aint so!:thumbsup:

That's where it will spew from. No big deal. When it cools, it will suck coolant back into the pressure side of the system. Top it off at the radiator cap when it's cold, and adjust the level in the overflow to between a third and a half full. That way, you will carry minimum weight in the overflow, and have room to catch what the system spews out when it gets hot.

torch