Anybody use 1st other than in the pits?

nope not really

lol

nope not really

lol

I do.

I share my 450 with one friend.. "1st gear roll over the jump for a lap"

I ride moto. Do trail riders use first much? To get over logs and what not

I dont use first all that much, (trail rider) but with either of my bikes you just have to twist the throttle a little more, on the xr it will accelerate, the wr will lift the front wheel.

Only in tight rutted corners.

To start wheelies

I do.

I share my 450 with one friend.. "1st gear roll over the jump for a lap"

How many gears do the 450s have? Four or five? I roll jumps in second on my 250s

Anybody use 1st other than in the pits?

haha I think Kip uses 1st when he's pullin his Brother Napoleon Dynamite into town haha

How many gears do the 450s have? Four or five? I roll jumps in second on my 250s

My 2006 450F has 4-speed as in 4 gears.

I jump all at my track in 2nd gear. I don't even go 2nd gear pinned on the triple.

My 2006 450F has 4-speed as in 4 gears.

I jump all at my track in 2nd gear. I don't even go 2nd gear pinned on the triple.

:thumbsup:

How about you get a smaller front or bigger back sprocket, make use of all that power.

Dam. Is that stuff pretty small? I'm going to speedworld tomorrow for the first time and I guess they got a 160 footer than my friend has to be wide open on his yzf450. I wanna say its a five speed but I'm not sure

haha not small my friend. the older yzf 450s had 4 gears all real tall haha

Enduro guys spend a lot of time in 1st gear during the super tight events. In our HS series, I holeshot in 2nd, and may only hit 1st once or twice a race.

On tight and nasty trail on the YZ sometimes I do, MY YZ is easier to stall than my CRFs since it has the light weight stock flywheel. Its also fun in those tight corners when my buddy on his 450 runs up behind me since its in the meat of the power I can throw some violent roost at him.

I ride moto. Do trail riders use first much? To get over logs and what not

Depends on how tech the ride is-I rode some stuff in Moab that wasn't so much trails as trials, so 1st was the order of the day.

Around home, I ride most of our single track in 2nd, sometimes up in 3rd when everything is "clicking" right for me that day.

It pretty much all depends on the turns. We have a few really tight turns on some of the tracks up here that it's first gear regardless. If you can hold second through it, more power to yah!

When I do see trails, first gear is only really used in the super tight/technical stuff. Other than that I pretty much just blast around all day like I would at a track.

i dont even use it there. i just clutch my way through.

the lowest gear i get is 2nd.

6 gears ftw!

barely, just to START wheelies, but other than that......nope i have 6 gears also, and i never use my 6th

1st gear pinned the whole race:thumbsup:

jk, not all that much. really tight stuff i do, the KTM still has some power in 1st so i get there occasionally.