IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Gear it up? But first is barley low enough now...

Man, I like to be able to crawl at 1-2mph if needed. I want to gear her up, but I think I will be doing the waggle-paddle in the slow stuff if I do. I've never slipped the clutch since the day I got her, as I can ride to a complete stop and then take off again with out slipping.

Where's my 6th gear when I need it!

A 2009 TE510 is looking good right now..........................:thumbsup:

Man, I like to be able to crawl at 1-2mph if needed. I want to gear her up, but I think I will be doing the waggle-paddle in the slow stuff if I do. I've never slipped the clutch since the day I got her, as I can ride to a complete stop and then take off again with out slipping.

Where's my 6th gear when I need it!

A 2009 TE510 is looking good right now..........................:thumbsup:

That's the dilemma. A Rekluse would help you out with the taller gearing. I run 14/48 and find myself trying to jam for a lower gear sometimes but a couple of fingers on the clutch lever usually gets me through without the Rekluse. I think the taller gearing has helped me maintain a little more momentum in the tight stuff and for sure is easier on the motor at higher speeds. Plus you have more space between the gears which translates into less shifts with more momentum and less wheel spin. I don't do too much really technical riding but if I did I would go to 13/48 or lower.

That's the dilemma. A Rekluse would help you out with the taller gearing. I run 14/48 and find myself trying to jam for a lower gear sometimes but a couple of fingers on the clutch lever usually gets me through without the Rekluse. I think the taller gearing has helped me maintain a little more momentum in the tight stuff and for sure is easier on the motor at higher speeds. Plus you have more space between the gears which translates into less shifts with more momentum and less wheel spin. I don't do too much really technical riding but if I did I would go to 13/48 or lower.

Before the 4 stroke we always rode the 2 smokes with a finger or two on the clutch lever. :thumbsup:

Bill a few good jobs ($$$) and you should have a problem getting a 2009 TE510. :moon:

I think the problem is you want a dirt bike and a street bike. I don't know if any dirt bike will make you 100% happy. None of them will let you ride the freeway everyday for miles and miles. I got my plate to get me from one trail to another, or from the house to the local hills. If you're going to ride the freeway a lot you will want to look at the TE510 or some of the KTM's, or just get a street bike. If you get a KTM you have my cell number. Just call me when you break down out riding and I will get you back home safe. :moon:

Before the 4 stroke we always rode the 2 smokes with a finger or two on the clutch lever. :thumbsup:

Bill a few good jobs ($$$) and you should have a problem getting a 2009 TE510. :moon:

I think the problem is you want a dirt bike and a street bike. I don't know if any dirt bike will make you 100% happy. None of them will let you ride the freeway everyday for miles and miles. I got my plate to get me from one trail to another, or from the house to the local hills. If you're going to ride the freeway a lot you will want to look at the TE510 or some of the KTM's, or just get a street bike. If you get a KTM you have my cell number. Just call me when you break down out riding and I will get you back home safe. :moon:

Whoa there big fella. I'm not buying anything just yet. I just think my high-risk off road riding days are over soon, and I want to include any kind of riding into my options, in the near future.

Whoa there big fella. I'm not buying anything just yet. I just think my high-risk off road riding days are over soon, and I want to include any kind of riding into my options, in the near future.

Here's the bike then. The KTM 950 Super Enduro.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13619&d=1129056756