09 and gas???

what kind of gas are you guys running in the 09??

i was using 93 pump but got a can of VP motosport 109. only got about 1hr on it so hard top tell just yet

how about you guys what is the best to put in there??

i was using 93 pump but got a can of VP motosport 109. only got about 1hr on it so hard top tell just yet

how about you guys what is the best to put in there??

OMG 93?!

I we don't get that in Europe as far as I know?

I heard a few rumours about petrol that I'm not sure on...

Not sure if it's true but I heard the higher the octain the cooler it burns

And that it has it's own oxidiser...

burns cleaner...

And in return gives you more power and longer engine life?

Not sure how any of that works?

ive always run premium in my 4 strokes, just plain jane 93 octane pump gas. a mechanic once told me that race gas (110 octane or better) in a stock engine does no good, not only because its not built to run on that gas, but also because it dries out the seals in the engine faster.

i had 183 hours on my '07 450 when i traded it in, never had one engine problem....93 works for me.

The engine guy's on here Ron and Eddie say it's worth 1hp extra on the dyno for a stock bike.

i asked bc i read an article in one of the mag's where they said the race gas desighned for a 4 stroke actually has more protection than pump

I run u4 because at 6,000 ft there is no oxygen. The 09 needs to be re-mapped to get the full benefit of the juice.

you using the u4.2 or the old u4?? i heard the u4 eats the lines??

I run u4 because at 6,000 ft there is no oxygen. The 09 needs to be re-mapped to get the full benefit of the juice.
The engine guy's on here Ron and Eddie say it's worth 1hp extra on the dyno for a stock bike.

no,u4.2,mr9 etc are worth power.

109 is will make it slower.

so the motosport 109 is no good?? i believe it is burning at 98

thanks

no,u4.2,mr9 etc are worth power.

109 is will make it slower.

so the motosport 109 is no good??

Not unless you are running a modified 2 stroke.

You you got the $ run MR9.

in this months MXA there was an article about EFI and the owner of VP fuels listed 4 that were good for it and MS109 was one of them along with U4.2 and another one, i think the newer version of MR9 maybe??

i run the MRX01 in my 2 stroke, stuff is no joke. i have used the MS109 in ther f kinda like a toned down version of the MRX01 and half the price lol

Not unless you are running a modified 2 stroke.

Of course VP will say it is fine to run MS 109...they are in the business of selling fuel.

In reality, unless you are running higher compression or advanced timing your stock bike can not take advantage of the increased octane. Honda designs the bike to run on 91.

U4.2 does work well on a stock bike..... btw good race fuel (VP) will not dry out any seals.

I think 100 oct. unleaded is the best for a stock 4-stroke. I have been running this fuel for years, and my valves stay clean.

i don't get it though they make hundreds of fuels, he could of listed any of those but didn't. he listed those 4 and MS109 was the cheapest of the 4. if he was doing it as a sales pitch he could of listed the most expensive ones

i think VP is very helpful. i was having problems with my 2 stroke and instead of trying to sell me on the more expensive route they had me mix C12 50/50 with 93 pump for a 98 octane motor burn which my motor is designed for. the MRX01 burns at 98 also but is much more expensive. so they could of told me that instead

Of course VP will say it is fine to run MS 109...they are in the business of selling fuel.

In reality, unless you are running higher compression or advanced timing your stock bike can not take advantage of the increased octane. Honda designs the bike to run on 91.

U4.2 does work well on a stock bike..... btw good race fuel (VP) will not dry out any seals.

Does Avgas mixed 50/50 with 93 have any advantages.

Av gas isn't the way to go. It has anti-freezing agents in it that take up performance space in your fuel that you don't need. Use race gas or the best pump gas you can buy.

i don't get it though they make hundreds of fuels, he could of listed any of those but didn't. he listed those 4 and MS109 was the cheapest of the 4. if he was doing it as a sales pitch he could of listed the most expensive ones

i think VP is very helpful. i was having problems with my 2 stroke and instead of trying to sell me on the more expensive route they had me mix C12 50/50 with 93 pump for a 98 octane motor burn which my motor is designed for. the MRX01 burns at 98 also but is much more expensive. so they could of told me that instead

MS109 is VP's do-it-all unleaded fuel for higher compression engines that won't stay together on pump gas. It's okay to run it in your 450 but it's not the ideal fuel.

I run 91 pump gas (highest I can get in Utah) in all my bikes.

ah i see, yeah i wasn't gonna mix the 109 with pump just run it straight. so i guess thats why it is $50 compared to $75-$100 of the others lol

which one do you think is ideal the U4.2??

MS109 is VP's do-it-all unleaded fuel for higher compression engines that won't stay together on pump gas. It's okay to run it in your 450 but it's not the ideal fuel.