87 250 wr suggest a selling price

i have a 87 husqvarna 250 wr with a 88 engine code. whats wrong: SEM stator coil burnt out (open between black and green), exhaust pipe has some good dents in the neck behind the front tire, missing headlight(has plastic). the good : good shocks, new front tire, 1/2 to 3/4 rear tire, good plastic, good seat, great compression. receips for alot of stuff(including top end). i have a guy interested (from far away, involves shipping) but i'll feal that out. whats this bike worth????? will post pictures sunday evening.

open to other offers though

It's really hard to set a price on a 20 year old dirt bike. I have done restorations in the past and they have sold for a lot less than I have into them. Everything is market driven. If there is a demand for the bike, the price will be much higher. It really comes down to what a guy is willing to pay for it now that the economy is in the toilet and we have an unknown taking over the white house. A clapped out, not running bike is best sold for parts in my opinion. Evil bay or some local guy trying to make another bike live is your best choice. You might even try craigslist.

Shipping through Forward Air is you best bet. I ahve used them in the past and they have special crates for motorcycles and all you do is roll them in and tie them down. Works great.

I hope this helps a little? Husky's are great bikes and I wish you luck.

Mike

Sold this one for $500, needed a top end but it still started up, ran through all gears, needed tires, sprockets, chain but other than that pretty clean.

2-3024.jpg

That is a nice looking 87 husky. I am sure the new owner is a happy camper. That seems like a reasonable price for a bike in that condition. Mike

i didn't pay much for the bike but this guy wants it so bad that i was thinking it was a sought after bike. he may be just trying to scam me we'll see.... i have no problem buying a coil for it and just riding it.

i didn't pay much for the bike but this guy wants it so bad that i was thinking it was a sought after bike. he may be just trying to scam me we'll see.... i have no problem buying a coil for it and just riding it.

If its an SEM the whole ignition is bad, not just the coil.

so if this startor coil is junk, the CDI/ignition coil is junk too?? sorry cant figure out how to upload pictures... never used photobucket :thumbsup:

a>