thinking of stepping down to a 250. opinions?

i was checking out bikes today and it dawned on me when i layed eyes on the 2009 kx250f and 2009 rmz250 that my current rmz450 is a hog compared to these bikes. since i am only 15 years old and have only been riding 2 years i came to the conclusion a 250 would treat me better with a lighter weight and more controllable power. i checked out some reviews of both bikes but i am wondering if anyone has any opinions on which bike i should go with and if stepping down to a 250 is a good idea?

thank you.

-john

since you've only been riding two years i would say you'd be best off taking it back a few notches and step onto a 125 for a year or two, nothing improves your riding skill better then a small bore two stroke.

yes i have heard things like even experienced riders can learn things from riding a 125. i have never ridden one except for a guys mangled one that i had to ride off the track for him when he endo'd it but i think i might need to test ride one ?

i think you should go kx250f because it should have more torque than the zuk, thats what i would do. they look bad a$$ to. :-)

Thats not true.....Why SHOULD it have more Torque???

My son rides a 14 to 29 open "A" class and holeshots that class fairly offen with all kinds of 250F AND 450's....on a 08 RMZ 250

In my opinion both bike are good bikes with very close power. Maybe a top pro could tell any differance....but not us....