wr450f vs. klx450r vs. crf450x

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/11/340/Motorcycle-Article/2008-450-Enduro-Shootout.aspx

FWIW I've been completly satisfied with my WR 450f. Depending on your weight/strength you may want to consider another bike. I know a couple of dudes who are about 5'6" that have 450fs but they're pretty strong...if you're either a light dude or not physically strong I wouldn't recommend it.

is there any real big difference between these three thumpers? and which one would be better for me, i ride tight trails and i am about 5 foot 6. any help would be greatly appreciated

I have the yamaha, it's a pretty awesome bike and I wouldn't trade it for any of the other two(crfx klx). I'm on the shorter end here and I can handle my wr450 without any problems, just ask JSanfilippo. 250f bikes bore me really quick, they just don't have that brutal "grunt" that I've been addicted to.

thanks for all the help guys, my dealer was stupidly trying to push the klx on me, thanks a bunch i can now make a good descision

he probably had a bigger profit margin on the klx. Never believe that a dealer is looking out for you, for a good deal or for the best bike for you. it simply doesn't happen.

I like my klx450. I'm 5'8 and about 185 with gear and it works fairly well out of the box if you aren't jumping it. What I dislike about he klx is that it's a new bike so the aftermarket hasn't totally caught up with it yet which wouldn't be a problem with the other two bikes.

When it came down to dollars and cents, the kawi was on sale for $700 less than the yami and I couldn't find enough compelling evidence to prove the Yamaha was $700 better. IMO, when you have a number of items where the only differences are people's personal preference - let your wallet decide for you.

I have no doubt they are all great bikes, but if you have the opportunity to ride them before you buy that's always the best option.