hand guards

just a bit of advice can anyone recommend any hand gaurds for my 07 drzsm is there many different makes:p

Hi, I really like my Zeta hand guards. I bought them from Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply....they're the best in the business and have unrivaled customer support. Here are some pics:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=68137

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=68135

+1

Zeta's rock :thumbsup:

Sorry to jump in but.....

I've got Renthal Fat bars so dont know what will and won't fit?

Love the Zetas though

What about OEM suzuki ones?

I have them and to be honest wouldn't recommend them. Aren't Acerbis ones supposed to be good?

No metal reinforcing support unlike most of the good ones... so can/have shattered/cracked in a spill :thumbsup:

just a bit of advice can anyone recommend any hand gaurds for my 07 drzsm is there many different makes:p

Can't go wrong with one of the originals and best - Acerbis Rally Pro.

Alloy bar reinforced so handle multiple spills very well.

Here's mine after countless spills on track...

race6.jpg

I have a set of Moose Racing hand guards. When ordering them you just need to order the correct size clamps (for either 7/8's or 1 1/8" dia. bars). They come with bar end inserts for both steel and aluminum bars.

There are probably 10 or more manufacturers of hand guards of this type. Original Bark Busters, Enduro Engineering, Moose, Acerbis, Maier, MSR, etc., etc. Many different shapes, styles, and colors available. They are a universal fit. Just search the web.

The oem Suzuki guards are almost useless in the event of a crash. They're more for looks. I guess they would offer some wind deflection on your hands, but not much more.

Acerbis here. Ones on the top picture are for sale. :thumbsup:

popsmirror3.jpg

DSCN9713.jpg

Sorry to jump in but.....

I've got Renthal Fat bars so dont know what will and won't fit?

Love the Zetas though

My Zetas are on Renthal Fat bars. They have beautiful machined billets mounting parts, and anodized black alloy reinforcement bar. Only thing I wish they had is replaceable plastic inserts on the outer edge, so you can replace that after a get off.

Otherwise, I love the Zetas! Plus they match my Zeta machined brake lever and machined Renthal Fat bar mounts.

Cheers.