relay connector wire placement?

Before I found a pinched wire up by the handle bars, I pulled the wires out of this connector under the L side number plate. it connects to a small relay under that rubber boot back there. I just need to know which wire goes where. there's 2 red ones, a black one, and a gray one. This picture shows the two red ones on the top, Gray bottom left, black bottom right if you're looking at the connector from the relay end and the connector latch on the bottom. I know it seems simple, but I could really use some help here.

(this is my brother-in-law's bike)

Thanks in advance, Kevin.

wires.JPG

can anyone see the picture I posted here?

maybe that's why I'm not getting any answers.

it was here before, but now I can't see it.

hmmmmmm.

wires.JPG

i cant see any pictures. get a good one and i can compare it to my bike

sorry about all the duplicate posting. I was banging my head on the desk!:thumbsup:

wires2.JPG

Here's the original picture I posted.

wires.JPG

i dont have that relay there. What your is your bike?

This is a wiring diagram for an 04, other years are similar:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11979682@N02/2497670504/sizes/o/in/set-72157603959738870/

Your bike will run without the relay hooked up. Your taillight just won't work. All it does it disconnect two circuits from the battery when the bike isn't running. The tail light and the optional cooling fan.

If this doesn't help and you still need a picture let me know and I will see what I can do.

Man! Where did you learn all the electrical stuff? You always seem to know the answer. Hopefully your response does it for outofcontrol. Gas for you!

I thought it was an '05. but I'm at work so I can't check right now.

the wiring diagram and advice helps so much!!!! thank you!

this is my brother-in-law's bike, and he doesn't know anything about bikes, and I know just enough to be dangerous. I'll dive in tonight and figure this one out.

Thanks again!

-Kevin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bob_slinger
      I enjoy riding flowing single track and double track with some small technical sections, nothing insane. I'm also way too cheap to spend thousands of $$$ every riding season on maintenance and rebuilds. I've owned a dual sport 1987 XL185 that was underpowered but predictable and a 1991 YZ125 that was overpowering and exhausting in technical stuff (though I'm not a fan of 2-stroke exhaust and noise).
      I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs with riding gear.
      I've narrowed down my choices to Honda CRF250L (heavy and underpowered but low maintenance), Honda CRF250X (smooth power but expensive maintenance), Husky TE250 (smooth power and easier maintenance than CRF250X), Husky WR125 (super light weight and easy maintenance but 2-stroke) and KDX200 (cheap, lightweight but 2-stroke).
      I realize that the CRF250L is more road oriented and closer to my vintage XL185 - I'm considering putting on more aggressive tires and raising the bars. I like that the CRF250L engine has a 8,000km service interval though it is greatly underpowered. I don't mind trailering a bike, so road worthiness is not a deal breaker. I'm concerned the CRF250L will be cramped for my 6'1" size and I've read that the rear suspension is too soft and sags significantly for anyone over 180 lbs.
      The CRF250X seems like the best choice for single track and woods riding but I've read that rebuilds can be expensive and complicated. I've ridden the CRF250X a few times and it feels slightly bogged down at lower rpm.
      The TE250 frame and design look easier for rebuild/maintenance and people have said it is more agile (I've raced mountain bikes most of my life so I appreciate a maneuverable bike).
      I'm only considering the 2-stroke WR125 and KDX200 because they are super lightweight and should have a smoother power delivery and better low-end grunt than my old YZ125 on the trails. I'm not a fan of the sound or smell of 2-strokes but if it makes the riding experience that much better I would consider a 2-stroke.
      Hoping to get some feedback before the spring riding season.

• By JacksonDRZbeast
      I am currently in the thought process of purchasing a crf250x and converting to supermoto to get it registered for road use. Just wondering if anyone has converted and what tips you would have for me to maybe make it easier? I already have a set of SM wheels off my drz that will fit with new spacers.
      Any advice will help!
    • By GregWB
      Has anyone fitted grease nipples to the rear suspension component and swing arm to CRF250X? Compared with my old XR350R, is ain’t a step backwards not being able to grease the CRF.
    • By Kaito Sutton
      So I’ve got a 09 crf250x and from every angle I’ve been shouted that the airbox mod will be the best thing in world along with a jd jetting kit. At this time I’ll being using the stock exhaust, so I’m wondering if doing these mods will void the registerablilty of the bike. I’m in nsw Australia. Also, anyone with experience with this mod, does it make it louder? As that is the main issue with getting is registered. I’m planning on doing the mod this afternoon so if someone could let me know ASAP that’d be awesome  cheers
    • By MNThumper250
      I'm tearing down my '06 CRF250X for winter prep. I checked the spark plug (see pics).
      I've rode with this plug for most of the summer. I'm thinking it's a bit rich, so for the other 250X owners out there, what jetting are you running/what do you think I should run? The only mods I've done is install the JD Jet Kit (165 main, 42 pilot, Red needle 4th clip, and thick o-ring), FMF Q4, and 4" x 4" hole in air box (with No Toil Super Flo Kit). The bike seems to run alright, but should I drop a few on the main jet?