Stock SM exhaust paint peeling

Hi yall,

I just cleaned my 3 week old SM and noticed that the paint on the exhaust silencer is peeling (see pic), is this normal? I am thinking of getting them to replace it under warranty but if this is normal then I wouldn't bother.

SDC10414.jpg

Exactly there is the katalystic barrier loceted! Gets realy hot there. attachment.php?attachmentid=250434&d=1221836452

So they all peel like that :thumbsup: ???????

No, not all of them.

Mine doesn't but, you can paint it with bbq paint if you don't like

I will see if I can get it replaced under warranty. You wouldn't expect it to start flaking off after 3 weeks.

Not all contries have the katalystic muffler. Think its only those with the non removeable endcone.

Hi yall,

I just cleaned my 3 week old SM and noticed that the paint on the exhaust silencer is peeling (see pic), is this normal? I am thinking of getting them to replace it under warranty but if this is normal then I wouldn't bother.

SDC10414.jpg

That's on the underside of your DRZ, I wouldn't worry about it, or when you do eventually fall and scratch up the outside of your bike you can paint the whole exhaust with Hi temp spray paint.....:thumbsup:

Mine peeled much worse than that.

Just replace it with a MRD or Yoshi and forget about it :moon::thumbsup:

Mine peeled much worse than that.

Just replace it with a MRD or Yoshi and forget about it :moon::thumbsup:

At the moment I quite like the standard exhaust as it means I can fire my bike up at 06:00 and not p!ss of my neighbours, but I would quite like a yoshi.

My other bikes got a racefit mega and my missus can hear me from a good few miles away when I am giving it some :moon: .

I think I will see what she is like once she is run-in before modding for performance, I don't want to catch the performance bug too early.

At the moment I quite like the standard exhaust as it means I can fire my bike up at 06:00 and not p!ss of my neighbours, but I would quite like a yoshi.

My other bikes got a racefit mega and my missus can hear me from a good few miles away when I am giving it some :moon: .

I think I will see what she is like once she is run-in before modding for performance, I don't want to catch the performance bug too early.

Its never to early :ride::thumbsup::moon:

Not all contries have the katalystic muffler. Think its only those with the non removeable endcone.

That explains a lot... I've been wondering why my end cone is welded on...