New bike gearing

Hey guys,

Just bought myself a 2001 200 exc,which I am only looking to trail ride with and the odd forest track,although when I got it home I noticed the rear sprocket is 52 :thumbsup: which seems a tad excessive for what I want it for...

Any recommendations of size for that best suits what I want the bike for ???

What's the front?

the deal is that many dont like the stock gearing when it comes to first gear. They decide to gear it up to make first more usable or gear it down to eliminate first and use 2nd more. 14-46 or 14-52

What's the front?

14 on the front !!

48 rear is adequate for most, and is stock. I can't imagine running a 52 on a 200. I already run out of 3rd pretty quick as it is.

Had the bike out today for the first time,on the road 1/2/3 are totally useless,however once in the woods it was excellent....

Will dropping to 46 give me better gearing for out on the road but at a compromise while in the woods ??

yes, I think that is true

Hey guys,

Just bought myself a 2001 200 exc,which I am only looking to trail ride with and the odd forest track,although when I got it home I noticed the rear sprocket is 52 :thumbsup: which seems a tad excessive for what I want it for...

Any recommendations of size for that best suits what I want the bike for ???

My previous bike was an 01 EXC 200 and I loved the 45/14 combo:thumbsup: