Buying new DRZ400s in Jax, Florida?

Where's the best place to buy? I'm hearing bad stuff about the local Orange Park dealer. Also looking for recent OTD prices in the area. Are they dealing any due to the economy? Does everyone have these 2009 models in stock now?:thumbsup:

Try this service and order a dealer invoice report.

http://cyclebuy.com/suz_mc.htm#2009%20Suzuki%20Street

I ordered one last year for an '08. I ended up buying used, so I didn't use it. The info is helpful. It's worth the $15 to find out what a reasonable offer would be keeping in mind that the dealer needs to make some profit to stay in business.

I bought mine from North Jax Motorsports off 295 and Lem Turner Rd. I have mixed feelings about the dealership. When I bought my 09 it was the only SM in stock. They wouldnt budge on the price which kind of pissed me off. I would just call around and see who can give you the best price OTD. I was in a rush and they had the exact bike I wanted so I went with it. I had buyers remorse for a while but I'm over it now. The bike is too much fun.

So the economy hasn't affected the dealers willingness to deal. Thats kinda surprizing. Will they all try to stick to list price plus all the rest of the added fees I wonder? I was thinking now would be the time for a deal.:thumbsup:

So the economy hasn't affected the dealers willingness to deal. Thats kinda surprizing. Will they all try to stick to list price plus all the rest of the added fees I wonder? I was thinking now would be the time for a deal.:thumbsup:

You should be able to get a deal on an '08.

I was checking Charlotte Craigslist, looking for a cheap ATV to compliment my DRZ. I just saw an ad by a dude trying to sell his used, Black SM, pretty much stock except hand-guards, with a jacket and helmet, for **Get this**

$ 9,160.00. Ouch!!

The reason for the high price tag? "That's what I owe..." !!!!!

Dealer must've REALLY taken him for a ride.

:thumbsup:

Hey, that's what he owes! :thumbsup:

He want's the next owner to:

1) Incur full 100% cost of depreciation on a used bike

2) Pay the absurd setup, freight charges, shop fees, etc. that he had to pay

3) Pay the absurd interest rate that he's probably paying

And his price is "firm". Good luck!

Eric

That is the definition of optimism. Asking 3 grand over MSRP for a used bike in the dead of winter during a crap economy.

http://www.arspowersports.com/

Call these guys on the phone and get an otd price. It can give you bargaining power. They have been the cheapest in Fl in the past. I live in Jax and bought my DRZ400S in Kissimmee. I called them and asked if they had one. I offerered them $5000 plus tax and tag and I paid no fees. They tried to counter offer, I told them to take it or leave it, they took it.

I second Camden motor sports, purchased from there before. The Orange Park store is under new manegment.