What color rims?

Guys, My buddy just bought my YZ250F that i was using as a test bike. Anyways, were gonna throw some rims on it. The thing is we cant decide on a hub color. Were deffinetly goin black rims. Possibly either black hubs or blue hubs. If we go black rims with black hubs, then were thinking just go with regular spokes. If we go black rims with blue hubs, we were thinking of getting black spokes also. Were getting the cases powdercoated black also. heres 2 pics i found on TT....

imgp1020vl4.jpg

wr250f01b.jpg

What do you guys think? Black rims with black hubs and silver spokes? Black rims with blue hubs an black spokes? Or black rims with silver hubs an spokes?

I'd have to say blue hubs. The spoke color doesn't make much of a difference to me, but I guess black spokes would look cool. Here is one of my bikes with black rims and blue hubs:

2007_03270009.jpg

And here is black rims and silver hubs:

50008-1.jpg

If you want to save money, you can always polish the stock hubs:

DSCF0890.jpg

those polished ones look nice how much would it cost to get them polished? im guessing alot cheaper than buying a new set?

TCR polishes them for $100 per hub. I did those myself so it was free. I do it by turning them down on a lathe, then wet sanding, then polishing.

KJ how much do you think itd be to get 2 rims laced up? I dont feel confident enough trying myself so i was gonna have a shop do it.

Most shops charge at least $60 per wheel, most are more. To be honest it isn't hard to do, and after you get the hang of it it only takes about an hour to do. It took me two wheels to get the hang of it, but now it is a breeze.

Most shops charge at least $60 per wheel, most are more. To be honest it isn't hard to do, and after you get the hang of it it only takes about an hour to do. It took me two wheels to get the hang of it, but now it is a breeze.

Is there anyway you can mess the wheel up an ruin things? I've seen your thread but some of it was hard to understand i thought(not saying it was a bad post, it was awesome). Motomanmike's wheel sponsor does his wheels, an im PC mine. I might try it myself if you can't mess anything up or mix spokes up.

Is there anyway you can mess the wheel up an ruin things? I've seen your thread but some of it was hard to understand i thought(not saying it was a bad post, it was awesome). Motomanmike's wheel sponsor does his wheels, an im PC mine. I might try it myself if you can't mess anything up or mix spokes up.

Thats what I'm scared of, I'd get them powdercoated but what if the spokes arent tightened all the same.... I don't feel like paying someone to do something I could do myself

The only thing you can do wrong that could be dangerous is leaving the spokes loose. If you don't get it perfectly true, then the wheel wobbles a little, it isn't a big deal as long as it isn't wobbling a ton from side to side or up and down. A little bit will never be felt on a dirtbike. The spokes don't need to be tightened to the exact same torque, they just all need to be tight enough to hold the wheel true and not come loose. You should check them after the first few rides, as spokes will sometimes settle into the hub and rim a little after they are laced. If this happens you just tighten up any ones that feel loose (really you should be checking your spokes after every ride regardless).