WR250 - Steering stabilizer worth it?

Im on an 08 WR250 and i was wondering how much of a difference the steer stabilizer would make and which one everyone is running. I was looking at the scotts damper for the adjustment in and out.

I race in a lot of extremely rocky areas and ive heard nothing but good things about the dampers!

Any input will be much appreciated!!

I have a Scott's on my KLX400R and am working on installing one on the WR250 as well....

There is huge difference on the KLX... I leave the scott's in zero damp mode in rocky technically terrain and the high speed damping works great when an un-noticed "obstacle" takes me by surprise. As well as being more stable I am able to ride faster in rough wide trails through the Canadian Shield and my arms are very thankful that I installed it on the KLX as they were getting the s**t kicked out of them.

I am sure I will find a big difference as well on the WR250 as it is really "twichy" riding fast over rough terrain, the steering is very quick which is great in single track but running down dual track at speed can be a bit hairy... I can think of at least two "downs" this season that would have possibly been controlled with the damper... One mode I find really hairy on the WR250 is slowing down on slippery trails (muddy or wet rock) hoping the damper will help reduce the handle bar pull when making faster course alterations....

I have not tried the other brands, I liked the "High Speed" mode of the Scotts and figured that that was what was going to save me, and it has done a wonderful job so far. Looking forward to getting it on my WR.

G

I have a Motosportz damper on my 07 WR-250 And it works great. I had no idea how much differance a damper would make until I tried one. The WR is stable without one, but it definately works better with a damper. Get ahold of Kelly at Motosportz.com and he will hook you up.

I have a Scott's on my WR and it has saved me many times. You don't realize how good it works until you ride a bike without it.

From my research -- it seems that the Husky's gas tanks are a bit on the smallish size. What sort of range can you get from a tank on your 250s? I've heard that the IMS tanks for the Huskys are nice, but they make it hard to mount a damper [at least on the TXCs]. Any thoughts? Moto -- how would you compare your 450 to your 250 power wise and handling wise?

From my research -- it seems that the Husky's gas tanks are a bit on the smallish size. What sort of range can you get from a tank on your 250s? I've heard that the IMS tanks for the Huskys are nice, but they make it hard to mount a damper [at least on the TXCs]. Any thoughts? Moto -- how would you compare your 450 to your 250 power wise and handling wise?

The damper/IMS problem is only a factor on the 08 4T's, the 2T's are still running the older style tank(2.5gal) and as far as I know there are no fitment problems with larger tanks.

I'm running a Scotts submount on my 125 and it's great, the bike is very stable and before the damper I would get a little headshake when going 50+ mph, that being said the damper has saved me 3 or 4 times and I've only used it in two races so far.

I don't have a damper on my 450 so I can answer any questions concerning that. Comparing the 2 stroke and four stroke is like apples and oranges. Handling in tight single track the 2 stroke reigns supreme. Light weight and less engine inertia. Once you get into open areas and for motocross the TXC shines. The TXC is much more stable at higher speeds. Power wise the TXC is a lazy man's bike. Just pick a gear and point. Unfortunately in tight single track it tends to wear you out. Where as with the WR I steer the bike with the back tire a lot (brake and throttle). That is where the 2 stroke power shines. All I can say is for MX and open riding my TXC is the pick but for single track it is WR all the way.

i must say my 99 wr250 feels awful squirrly in the front its almost like the tire isnt even on the ground sometimes it feel so light