Bark Busters?

Just interested in what kind of hand/control protection some of the WR riders are using and the level of satisfaction. My 07 WR came with protapers so you need the big bar clamps. I have some Enduro Engineeering units and positioning is a problem because of the interference with the brake hose, they work but not to my satisfaction. Any recommendations? Thanks

WR250F041.jpg

I have Tusk D-Flex guards on these bars.

I'm a little confused, is this an entire handlebar setup, or just protectors, never seen anything like it? Looks like it might interfere with the digital speedo, odo unit, on my WR.

Nice, Flex Bars and barkbusters. Reduce fatigue and give your hands some protection. I use BarkBusters but the open ended ones as I have a phobia of snapping my writs in the event of going over the bars and my hands slipping between the BB and Bars.

BTW were can I get bars like that?

I'm a little confused, is this an entire handlebar setup, or just protectors, never seen anything like it? Looks like it might interfere with the digital speedo, odo unit, on my WR.

http://www.fasstco.com/

I have had that same set of bars on my last three bikes. Before the WR, they were on my KTM 200 EXC, which had a large digital speedo. They pose no problem.

Can the Flexxbars be cut down any? I know there is an enduro bend but need to know if they can be cut to around 28".

Can the Flexxbars be cut down any? I know there is an enduro bend but need to know if they can be cut to around 28".

Yes, you can cut them just like conventional bars.

i use cycra pro bend on mine, but i've also had the acerbis rally pro. acerbis fit better, but cycra's appear to be more "crash worthy."

the enduro engineering ones are the best bang for the buck do you have the new evo style or the original kind

My Acerbis Rallye Pro's are holding up great.

We use Cycra Pro Bends on both our bikes. My wife has crash tested them a million times and they are holding up great. I would buy another set without hesitation. :thumbsup:

i use the cycra pro bend and the tripple clamp mounts.

the tripple clamp mounts have to be "mooned out" by a machine shop (or whatever method you prefer) to clear the headlight plastic on the WR.

but they fit great and i've never had a problem with mine

I use ZETA racing shields and bark busters. But I agree they, like others, are a little tight with the brake hose (c-clamp to bar)--The Cycra with the 'answer' set- up looks nice as they are fastened to the triple clamp and are said to fit any bike. Anybody have any experience with this? The flexx bars look great, but I was scared off by the $$---I have read threads about them and they do sound like they work well---but if you only need bark-busters I wonder if the 'answer' set up might be best--Brian

The flexx bars look great, but I was scared off by the $$---I have read threads about them and they do sound like they work well---but if you only need bark-busters I wonder if the 'answer' set up might be best--Brian

Yes, I agree the price of entry is steep. However, I have been doing this for decades and my wrists and shoulders are beat to hell. The vibration-dampening really helps me ride longer with less fatigue. You young bucks probably do not need them.

Here is something to think about. Those Flexx bars have been on my last three bikes. I have crashed hard multiple times with them. One time, the throttle stuck on my KTM200 (2 stroke) in the whoops and I flipped the bike. According to the guy behind me, the bike flew ten feet in the air and landed upside-down on the bars. I spent the next eight weeks on crutches but my bars were not bent. :moon: I am a believer. :thumbsup:

def. acerbis. i have them on my bike and so do all my friends. they save fingers!!!

Not sure what the difference is. They work, but the bar clamps don't seem to align well, and the throttle side has to be positioned a little higher than I'd like because of the brake cable. Going to contact Enduro engineering and see if there is something else that could be done. I may just go with the Cycra's